R1200GS Forum banner

Green Laning in France?

7K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  jully@fr 
#1 · (Edited)
Help with off-roading in France?

Does any one have any experience of off-roading/green laning in France.

I have scoured the interweb and so far have only been able to find information regarding 4x4 driving courses etc and on contacting them for more information regards rights of way,:mad: you'd think I'm a leper.... we're only two wheels short after all. (or have they got two too many?;) )

Any pointers will be greatly welcomed, as I've heard rumour of some very good lanes over there.:cool:

Cheers,

#2 ·
Hi StuWG,

I live in France and know a few things that could help you driving Off-Road here.
An organisation called CODEVER gathering all kinds off vehicles or even pedestrians are fighting for the right to use off roads.If you get in contact with them you will have a precise information.

https://www.codever.fr/
they know everything ruling that stuff.

For me what I know is that all roads can be used as long as there is no Panel restricting it's use i.e "Voie Privée" (private road) "Circulation Interdite" Road forbidden (that panel is a white with a red circle around).
The most important to know is that it is forbidden to drive on roads where a car could not go for example a single walking path.
No Restricting Panel and a track where a car could travel ARE GO TRACKS.

Happy muddy travel !!!:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.