R1200GS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2017 R1200GS
46 Posts
New here as well - just wanted to say hi and note I've had some riding experience on the Sunshine Coast and was blown away. This was 25 years ago, so I don't know how it's changed, but what an amazing part of the world!

·
Registered
2001 BMW R1100s
1 Posts
'13GSA Camhead, '00 GS Oilhead
Semi retired and love wrenching and riding.

Member on ADV Riders, BMWMOA, BeeCee Beemers, UK GS'er

Hello GSAddict

Are you still taking on rebuild job on Hall Sensors for BMW oilheads as you did in the past? I have to do a rebuild of a new Hall Sensor that was severely damaged (little magnets and sensor tabs broken off) when timing cum edges somehow were not straight and caught the actual sensor tabs. I have the old Hall Sensor (with frayed wires) that I was was trying to replace, and my idea now is to reuse the little plastic tabs on that old sensor (containing sensor proper and little magnet) and move them somehow to the new Hall sensor. That would require drilling out the rivets holding those tabs on both the old HES and the new sensor and attaching old tabs to new HES by new rivets. Does it sound like a doable, practical project to you and would you be interested by any chance to take it on?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts