R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone! I’ve just signed up for my account on this site and reckon that I should introduce myself.

Much like a lot of you on here, I truly love motorcycles and riding them. I’ve owned a few:

1999 Harley Fat Boy
2004 Honda Rebel (was given to me)
2006 Harley Sportster 883
1999 Triumph Thunderbird
2002 Triumph Bonneville
2004 Triumph Tiger 955i (a fun bike)
2007 Honda 919 (hornet 900 for our european friends)

I’ve been looking hard at the BMW stuff for awhile. The few people that i’ve spoken to about getting a bike have said look at a GS; one bike to do everything on. I’m minded to get the low suspension adventure model (5’ 7” tall with a 29” inseam). With the boxer engine and shaft drive, it seems like regular maintenance would be relatively easy (I love doing my own work).

I look forward to getting to know some of you and learn a bit about the GS along the way.

·
Registered
142 Posts
welcome

Greetings and welcome to the forum. Probably shouldn't be saying this on a GS forum but have you looked at the R1200R? A very much underrated bike that is a lot lower in standard trim than a GS.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Greetings and welcome to the forum. Probably shouldn't be saying this on a GS forum but have you looked at the R1200R? A very much underrated bike that is a lot lower in standard trim than a GS.
Hello Dave!

I have given thought to the R and will keep it in mind. I really want to have a go on the GSA as I love the looks of it. Of course it’s all for nothing if I can’t touch my feet to the ground.

But from what others have said, it seems that i’ll be able to do it with either the low seat on the standard height GSA or the low suspension GSA.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts