R1200GS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm use to larger grips than on my 1200 GS and was looking for some foam covers such as Grip Puppies or the like. Any recommendations? These things don't cost much, but I'd rather get the right stuff the first time. Thanks, JD

· Registered
194 Posts
Beemer buddies are another option. I have both. You simply wrap the buddies around the handgrip after adhering the tape to the grip and securing the velcro.

The grip puppies require you to remove the hand-guard and bar end weight. Spray hairspray in the grip and slide on.

They both work. The Beemer buddies have a seam, little thicker. The grip puppies are more permanent. More heat from the heated grips.

· Registered
659 Posts
One thing I noticed about the Beemer buddies is that if you are wearing heavy gloves, they are easily removable. Easy to reinstall. I did not have good luck with the foam rubber types on off roading. (Maybe I was giving them a death grip). The foam ones were comfortable.

· Registered
903 Posts
using some third party grip puppies knock off and they are fine and were easy to install.
Another option not mentioned is padded tennis racket tape. Works very well. I wanted even bigger than grip pups so I wrapped padded tennis tape around the grip puppies on the right side. I noticed no appreciable heat loss from the grips via the puppies, but on the right with the extra tennis tape it's a bit diminished...still heats up though.

· Registered
376 Posts

· Registered
376 Posts
After reading this thread I too bought some Grip Puppies, received them last night and put them on. This morning my ride in to work was nice they do seem a little big but I am a small guy. They are very comfortable and I can see that over time riding with them will be very nice. The heat seems to work just fine through the grips.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 25 Posts