R1200GS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Searched but couldn’t find this bit of information. When actuating the ABS system during the flush, do you just use the front brake lever or do you need to do the rear brake pedal as well? Thanks

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies. The video only shows the front brake lever being used for the ABS pump bleed and I do not see where the GS-911 tells you what lever to use. I’ll follow tactical1’s suggestion and activate front and rear during the ABS flush as I assume they are on separate circuits.

·
Registered
138 Posts
The fluids are completely separate circuits so when you flush the front circuit use the front lever and to flush the rear use the rear lever. The front lever will activate the rear circuit as well if you push hard enough but it doesn’t matter as you flush and bleed one circuit at a time.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Also what GS are we talking about here. If its a iABS/Servo (2004 - 2006) I have step x step guide I gleaned from the internet and is my go to for this process.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
2018 GS. Should have mentioned that. Had a 04 R1100S and that bleeding procedure was tedious. I ended up pressing both levers at the same time for the two ABS flushes. Now I have the levers zip tied and will let them sit overnight - varying opinions on this, but I’ve been doing this for years on numerous bikes and I think it improves lever feel.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts