R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Replaced windshield to GSA, not a lot bigger but better wind protection and quieter cockpit.........worth the $200

GS vs GSA Shield.jpg

·
Survivor
682 Posts
I replaced my GSA windshield and put it on Spousal Unit’s GS; she is happy. I am happier; for $135 I got a Puig Touring screen which is a big improvement over the OEM GSA screen.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I put the Puig touring windshield on my GSA last fall and it was fine during the colder weather. When It got hot, I put the original windshield back on. The Puig blocked too much air...

·
Registered
11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
I replaced my GSA windshield and put it on Spousal Unit’s GS; she is happy. I am happier; for $135 I got a Puig Touring screen which is a big improvement over the OEM GSA screen.
Curious if you have experience with other screens vs the OEM, besides the PUIG?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thanks for the feedback. While the OEM seems ok on nice days, I'd like a bit more deflection on days like this, but still look over windscreen.

Attachments

·
Registered
115 Posts
GSA Screen good

I bought a knock-off GSA screen on Ebay for around $125 (search R1200GS windscreen) and it works well, a good compromise better having a decent-sized screen and also being able to be lowered out of the way when riding in gravel, which helps to see what is immediately in front of you, and when "up" they give pretty good protection (however, it will never equal an RT.) As far as the durability of my knock-off screen, I am noticing a bit of premature (in my opinion) crazing, but not too bad.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts