R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
slaw p
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I change the oil on my 14 gs I put 3.75 quorts showing high on the window almost on high level it is ok to keep it high level in the system???????

·
Registered
758 Posts
I change the oil on my 14 gs I put 3.75 quorts showing high on the window almost on high level it is ok to keep it high level in the system???????
Never caused any issue on my 2014 GS running oil level at the top of the sight window.

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
Have you ridden the bike since adding the oil?

I assume you changed the oil filter along with the oil. Start the bike and let the oil circulate for a minute or so. Turn off the engine and wait about 5 minutes. You'll probably find your oil level is low and you'll need to add more to bring the level to the top of the red circle in the sight glass.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Have you ridden the bike since adding the oil?

I assume you changed the oil filter along with the oil. Start the bike and let the oil circulate for a minute or so. Turn off the engine and wait about 5 minutes. You'll probably find your oil level is low and you'll need to add more to bring the level to the top of the red circle in the sight glass.
What Marc said...only way to properly check oil (bike on center stand) and get an accurate reading.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I to have 2014 GS and I use 4 quarts. I buy everything from my BMW dealer they said use 4 quarts. I checked the oil level once a week all seems ok.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts