R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Fort Collins
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need someone with a tape measure and a newer GSA and Mosko 35L bags to help me out. I'd like to know the total bike w/bags WIDTH (empty preferred, but full would be nice too). I'd also be interested in knowing total width of hard panniers on a GSA. (From my research, hard panniers on a GSA have roughly 40" total width).

My issue is...where I park my bike has a metal gate that has an exact opening of 40". I'm planning to buy a new GSA and panniers but need to ensure the bike will fit through the gate. I'm hoping the Mosko 35L bags on a GSA are at least a couple of inches narrower.

Here's what I DO know. Mosko lists on their site that the 35L panniers are 8" thick. I presume this doesn't include mounting plates, etc. So before I spend 25k on a bike and $2000-$3000 for panniers, I need to ensure I can fit the bike through my gate WITH bags mounted. (I know I can dismount the bags and pull the bike in, but I don't have a convenient way to park the bike, get off, unload bags, move through, park, mount bags, ride). It's a tight environment.

Thanks in advance!

·
Fort Collins
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just put on the bumot soft panniers, I’ll measure if you’re interested, they expand quite a bit and they are 35 liter and 31 liter exhaust side.
Thanks for the info and photo. Sharp setup! I received the Mosko measurements from another poster. They’re roughly 36” on a GSA. Your bags look great!

·
2019 R1250 GSA
101 Posts
I have the BMW aluminum side cases on my 2019 GSA. The total width is 39 inches measured.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts