R1200GS Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
NC Mtn Man
93 Posts
Only had my GS for a couple of weeks and about 300 miles. Been riding for 49 years. Pulling out of a parking lot yesterday when the car in front of me stopped abruptly. I stopped quickly too and noticed an unusual ker-thunk from the front end. That was my front wheel dropping into then out of a paved drainage channel that was about 12" wide and probably 4 " deep. Guess where my feet were when I stopped....

·
Registered
4 Posts
After 6 years of riding cruisers and my Road King, dropped my spankin new 2016 GSA in my driveway, coming home (wife was in the back). Embarrassing to say the least. I think I stopped with bars turned and may have even forgot to drop a leg. I was that relaxed. Anyway...absolutely minute damage. Small, barely noticeable nick in the plastic of the corner gusset on the pannier, and small tiny scuff on the crash bar. The pannier was key in saving the day. The thing is a beast like tank. Made me love her even more. An amazing machine.

·
Registered
369 Posts
if you are scared to tip over at stops or scared that the bike is to heavy to balance, ride with a passenger. or practice with a passenger in your garage or near home.

the weight of the passenger will make it much more difficult to balance, so when you ride without a passenger, teh bike will feel like a 200cc scooter. hehe :D.

i had a couple of ALMOST LOST THE BALANCE but that was on dirt.
i did drop my GSA once but the terrain was extremely ROCKY for a long stretch, they were BIG ROCKS too.

nothing much happened, the crash bars took all the weight.
i since installed crash bars reinforcement and ordered valve cover guards.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.