R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if I can fit a GSA screen in my R1200GS Sport Triple Black 2012 (AC)? Can I use the original screen support or will have to buy a new one?

Another question: will I get better wind protection and thus not having that much noise from the wind?

Thanks!

·
Super Awesom Person
474 Posts
I tried my friends GSA screen on my 2018 GS and it was crap. I mean total crap. I ended up riding to AeroFlow up in the LA area to test and ended up buying one of his. It still let a lot more air on me than I wanted and some buffeting. As my next trip is supposed to be over 10k to Alaska and back It still needed work. Don't get me wrong as the windsheld is great but I got a lot of wind from the sides and underneath. What worked is the side deflectors. The side deflectors stoped the side winds and the buffeting. I ended up with some from Spain but a lot of people make them. So after a lot of money and testing I recommend the Aeroflow screen and a set of side deflectors. Get the side deflectors first as that may be all you need.
If it helps I'm 6ft with a 33in inseam and my seat on Hi. I ended up with the shorter screen with no extra bracket and I raise up a bit to get the air over my head and I can lower it in the rain to keep my face mask clear.
If you do get the GSA screen yes you will need the extra bracket but their are a lot better shields on the market than that..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Get the side deflectors. And check out the MRA Vario Screen. MRA VarioTouringScreen Windshield - RevZilla

I’m 5’11” and on a 2012 GS., stock screen. I chased buffeting for awhile before landing on the TouraTech version of this thing. Wish I had the MRA item, but what I got works ok. No need to go with Adventure screen.

·
Not that senior.
696 Posts
I run a Givi Airflo two piece screen on my 2010.
I run wings in the winter but not the summer.
I am 6ft 4 and get no buffering at any speed. The top windscreen can be moved up and down, even while riding.
I bought mine direct from Italy and have had it it 3 different bikes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts