R1200GS Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I’ve read that I need to protect my headlight 2018 GSA and radiator with guards against rocks, etc. I’ve looked at a few options, but am leery of spending a bundle. Any happy people out there who have found something that works well, is easy to install and comes with a fair price tag? Thanks in advance!
I have a month old R1250GS HP, in Highlands Ranch, CO. You need to suck it up and get protection. I did a ‘clear bra’ for the headlight, about $25, plus a wire mesh light protector which I love, maybe $150 or so - cant remember. Might be overkill, but i’ve heard a broken light can be $1200 to replace! You can get them from altrider, or touratech. But I suggest you ask your dealer as their prices are almost always just as good, or better than internet. Try BMW of Denver, ask for Matt, the parts mgr. Get some other cool stuff, altrider footstand extender, bmw lower crash bars, upper bars if you want, and clearwater darla lights for safety, rox risers for more comfy standing position offroad, bmw enduro bash plate, alt rider radiator protection, bmw nav 6, panniers, i like the vario expanding ones, and i love the touratech, expanding tail bag - you take off the rear seat and it locks in place of it without straps or bungees! Kinda pricey but worth it!

·
Registered
86 Posts
I went with the BMW radiator guards. They are not expensive(about $44 the pair) and do as much as you need. I was told to be careful with metal radiator guards as they can cause corrosion due to different metals. The guards are one of the few item BMW sells that is actually a decent price. I went with the Puig light protector. Haven't received it yet but it looks pretty good at a decent price. I think it was $85

21 - 27 of 27 Posts