R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 08 gs that I recently purchased. When I bought it the high beam worked on the left headlight.The code on the instrument panel read "lightf" for front light. So i replaced the bulbs and the headlight operated the same with the same code when I turned the key on. When I started it the right headlight low beam turned on but nothing on the left side and no high beam. Now the code reads " lightf!". Yes, there is now an exclamation mark.

I know the gs has mods and some wiring looks changed.

Any ideas ?

Thanks

Bill

·
Registered
206 Posts
I have an 08 gs that I recently purchased. When I bought it the high beam worked on the left headlight.The code on the instrument panel read "lightf" for front light. So i replaced the bulbs and the headlight operated the same with the same code when I turned the key on. When I started it the right headlight low beam turned on but nothing on the left side and no high beam. Now the code reads " lightf!". Yes, there is now an exclamation mark.

I know the gs has mods and some wiring looks changed.

Any ideas ?

Thanks

Bill
Are they LED or traditional bulbs.

·
Riding a 2009 R1200gs
120 Posts
On a 2008, if the bulbs were replaced by LED's they dont use enough current and will be flagged as burned.

Check also the connectors, they are plastic and, after years behind very hot H7 bulbs, the contacts loosen and the plastic become brittle (I have replaced mine by ceramic plug, avaiable at any auto part store)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A lampf can also be generated by a burned out parking lamp.

Mike
Thanks Mike. Should the parking light turn on when I place the key to the on position ? I know the right side does turn on when I turn the key but I'm not sure the left is. I'm going to look.

Bill

·
Riding a 2009 R1200gs
120 Posts
I have replaced my "parking light" with an LED. Helluva bit btighter but it does throw a code, which I can live with.
Just add a 5 W resistor, around 49 Ohm, connected in parallel (one end of the resistor on each wire). Will cost you a couple of bucks at any car tuning outlet.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts