R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A rock cracked my headlight. What's a good replacement lens? Is OEM the only option? Someone suggested an aftermarket LED headlight but I'm hoping to just replace the lens and invest in a good guard.

2008 GS

·
Registered
21 Posts
Not sure about replacement lenses.
I use a thick clear plastic adhesive sheet over my headlights similar to Xpel.
Bought it through Aerostich a while back, but not sure if they still carry it.
Just cut and apply. Can't tell it's eve there, but very protective.

·
Super Moderator
1,012 Posts
I got the Kemimoto version on eBay, 10,000 miles and no issues. DRAMATICALLY brighter (like all caps brighter) but still with good cutoff to not blind drivers. Can install in an afternoon. Mark your garage door with tape prior to removal to make aiming new light easy.

Screenshot_20210410-000536_Gallery.jpg

·
Registered
R1250GS 2021
119 Posts
A friend of mine replaced his with the LED one. He loves it but the only downside is you lose ability to have quick hight adjustment.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Im in a same boot, but crack is smallest than your, only one solution is new one from a dealer. Price is $400 approx.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was set on a replacement lens but I really like the led set-up. Wondering if I shouldn't have just gone that route.

·
Premium Member
2017 R1200 GSA Triple Black
16 Posts
Headlamp lens cover is usually the very first farkle I put on a bike. I don't want the hard lesson you're learning. Best of luck.

·
Super Moderator
1,012 Posts
I looked at used replacement cost, then LED cost with look of new bikes...easy decision.

·
Registered
6 Posts
A rock cracked my headlight. What's a good replacement lens? Is OEM the only option? Someone suggested an aftermarket LED headlight but I'm hoping to just replace the lens and invest in a good guard. View attachment 29685
2008 GS
A rock cracked my headlight. What's a good replacement lens? Is OEM the only option? Someone suggested an aftermarket LED headlight but I'm hoping to just replace the lens and invest in a good guard. View attachment 29685
2008 GS
I just replaced my stock headlight assembly with an Atoplite LED unit and WOW! What a difference.
2008 GS

I just replaced my stock headlight with an ATOPLITE LED I bought on Amazon. WOW! What a difference.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I just replaced my stock headlight assembly with an Atoplite LED unit and WOW! What a difference.

View attachment 29749
I just replaced my stock headlight with an ATOPLITE LED I bought on Amazon. WOW! What a difference.
Looks really sharp!

I was in a rush and ordered the glass in a hurry. It's not an OEM replacement As stated, BMW bonds the glass to the unit and does not sell a replacement part separate from the whole (expensive) unit.

The aftermarket glass replacement has good reviews and it's been shipped.

I have to admit, I'm wishing I went LED more and more.

·
Super Moderator
1,012 Posts

View attachment 29749
Wait until you replace the fog lights with LEDs too...it'll be like daylight.
:cool:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts