R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

In about 2 weeks I'll have a new to me 2015 GSA in my garage. On my previous bike I had install Warm and safe DUAL controller and DC coax plug. All the heated gear at maximum load is gonna be close to 10 amps of 120 watts (2 vest and a pair of glove).

I'm looking for idea on where to mount (hide) the controller assembly and where to mount the tow controller
and other fine idea on how (like electronic fuse or the old fashion way). Direct plug on the battery and it is gonna be the only accessory mounted since the bike has already hot grip and GPS.

Thank

·
Riding a 2009 R1200gs
120 Posts
Bikes with CanBus controllers are notoriously finicky about adding circuits. Your best bet is to wire directly to the battery (fused, of course), the bike electronics don't need to know.

I have a GS, not a GSA, so your milleage may vary but this is what I have done

On the right side, I replaced the accessory socket by a voltmeter (will tell me if my accessories draw too much current)

On the left side, there is plenty of space under to install a controler

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for sharing. Is there much room under the seat? On my actual bike I store a small tool pouch, some co2 canister ant the plug and go tool. I did find some place for the controller.

·
Riding a 2009 R1200gs
120 Posts
Unfortunately, I won't be able to answer, I have a 2009 (air/oil cooled) and the new liquid cooled are very different under the seat.

·
'14 R1200 GS Adv "Freya"
124 Posts
Hi all

In about 2 weeks I'll have a new to me 2015 GSA in my garage. On my previous bike I had install Warm and safe DUAL controller and DC coax plug. All the heated gear at maximum load is gonna be close to 10 amps of 120 watts (2 vest and a pair of glove).

I'm looking for idea on where to mount (hide) the controller assembly and where to mount the tow controller
and other fine idea on how (like electronic fuse or the old fashion way). Direct plug on the battery and it is gonna be the only accessory mounted since the bike has already hot grip and GPS.

Thank
Mine on a '14 GSA.

I went direct to the Battery, the Coax snakes out between the seat and the tank, I keep my Dual Controller receiver in the rear pocket of my tank bag and Velcro the Transmitter onto the top of the clutch master cylinder when I run the heated gear. I fused my circuit at 15 amps and have had no problem running Jacket/gloves/pants.

I use the same coax connection to connect my battery tender with an SAE to Coax adapter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts