R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I reached a point where dirt riding was too hard on my old knees, so the KTM 520 and Transalp went away. Then a very clean 2005 R1200GS appeared on CL, and I could not resist. So far I have been to the Oregon Coast and down the Willamette Valley, and I like its long legs and upright ergonomics very much. I've joined the Oregon BMW Riders, and am looking to meet a whole new group of riding friends.
I will use it on asphalt as a long distance cruiser, and probably exchange the spoked wheels for the correct cast wheels, if anyone has a clean set.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Previous owner was from California, and one day he saw a Mustang in that color, and had the bike painted, a metallic glade green. Not my choice, but it is in perfect condition, so I won't change it.

·
Fisherman on 2 wheels!
162 Posts
East Oregon is awesome

Congrats on the new to you bike.

Recently rode the Malheur and Umatilla National Forests in eastern Oregon. Let me tell you, the pavement was pristine and the forest service roads incredibly well kept. Gorgeous out there! Then again, any state is better than Florida.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have been to Florida on work assignments and cruises over the years, and it is: flat. Out here we have interesting elevation. Glad you enjoyed your ride, and BTW, the folks in Eastern Oregon are nothing like Portland. Solid Western frontier folk.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Wow, "very clean" indeed. Love the color. I'm jealous of the local rides you have too - last year I moved from the Portland area back to the flatlands - have to dodge more deer, fewer elk here, but the rent is lower and that allows more bike time....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts