R1200GS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2015 GSA
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I need smart advice. I need to be able to attach at least one helmet when i'm not ridding on the GSA. Since my wife is most of the time with me I need more option.

OK it was and still easy if the helmet has D ring but this september we update our helmet to Schuberth c4 pro with the ratchet attachement. How do you hang those helmet on the bike. Please dont say on the mirror... That is the last place that on the bike that my helmet is gonna hang for a rest.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Hi all

I need smart advice. I need to be able to attach at least one helmet when i'm not ridding on the GSA. Since my wife is most of the time with me I need more option.

OK it was and still easy if the helmet has D ring but this september we update our helmet to Schuberth c4 pro with the ratchet attachement. How do you hang those helmet on the bike. Please dont say on the mirror... That is the last place that on the bike that my helmet is gonna hang for a rest.

·
Registered
2015 GSA
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yup I know of these but on our helmet, the only loop that could be use is the one permitting the pressure relive on the ratchet system. I'm doubtful in using it since it is spring loaded and in a hang use the spring would be in continuous pressure (helmet weight). Micro ratchet system seem to gain in popularity

·
Registered
104 Posts

Sorry for no picture. I’ve been using this for years with great success. It goes on the end of your bar in between the bar and the weight. I think it cost $15 and it’s lockable also

·
Registered
23 Posts
Reading comprehension is not so good on this thread. The OP's new helmet does not have the D-rings to loop over a handlebar helmet hook or to hook to a carabiner.
Your sarcasm is not warranted or appreciated.

A d-ring certainly would make it easier, but that does not preclude the value of a dialogue and the sharing of ideas. I've never used the Schuberth ratching mechanism but assuming they are similar to others I've used, one can easily hang a helmet with a ratchet closure to a bar or carabiner.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Your sarcasm is not warranted or appreciated.

A d-ring certainly would make it easier, but that does not preclude the value of a dialogue and the sharing of ideas. I've never used the Schuberth ratching mechanism but assuming they are similar to others I've used, one can easily hang a helmet with a ratchet closure to a bar or carabiner.
Its not sarcasm its reality. The OP was very specific about his needs and what his helmet lacked and most who have answered have ignored then needs of the OP.

Maybe if everyone continued to answer "helmet hook" it would eventually work??

·
Registered
387 Posts
Hi all

Get a replacement strap latch and McQuiver it with nylon webbing to a point on your bike =>

·
Registered
162 Posts
For what it’s worth, the vario case on the non-exhaust side is big enough for one full face helmet. I have used it when parking in the city or at a trailhead when hiking. If security is not a concern, the mirror is the most convenient location. Not sure why the latter is an issue for the OP?

·
Registered
158 Posts
This is what you want:

Has a little bar that slides through your clip - mounts to a mirror mount screw, has a lock that the bar slips in to. Works perfect - have one on my Valkyrie, going to put one on my GS as well. Works with D rings or the ratchet style.

Reactions: BruceHarrisJr

·
Administrator
1,138 Posts
I used to worry over this requirement but I finally liberated myself. If I'm stopping in route, say at a convenience store, for a water/snack break, I just put my helmet on the ground with the opening facing up. There's no chance of it falling because it's already on the ground, and yes, over the years it might pick up some very slight blemishes but I acknowledge that helmets should be replaced every 5 years or so anyway.

I also use Sensaphonic in-ear-monitors so when I remove my helmet I drop those with their wires inside the hat and then put my gloves in there to hold them in when I hook it over a mirror. Sitting on my mirror like that has always been a secure location - well, secure in terms of falling off and hitting the ground. If someone wants to steal your hat, then they're going to get it no matter what you do so I just don't worry about theft. If it happens it happens and I'll sort it out when it does. And, a helmet locked to the bike is no less susceptible to vandals. Life's too short to worry about something that probably will never happen.

Now I've done it. I've tempted Murphy and the gods of mischief.

·
Registered
2018 BMW R1200gs
17 Posts
I may be missing something here, but here goes. I had a helmet hook (this one) on my last bike, and used it with my Schuberth C3 pro that has the ratcheting mechanism. It worked ok... but was pointless imho. The ratcheting mechanism makes it simple to hang the helmet from the brush guards that are standard on these bikes - takes about 3 seconds to latch it around that, and to unlatch when ready.

·
Registered
2012 R1200GS Adventure
14 Posts
Has anyone ever had a helmet stolen?

I am 58 been riding since a kid, never had one stolen, never heard of one stolen by any friends,

Although, it wouldnt surprise me a bit,

Not starting an argument, just asking

·
Registered
890 Posts
this older thread may have some applicability.

·
Premium Member
2016 R1200GS
24 Posts
This is what you want:

Has a little bar that slides through your clip - mounts to a mirror mount screw, has a lock that the bar slips in to. Works perfect - have one on my Valkyrie, going to put one on my GS as well. Works with D rings or the ratchet style.
I have the LidLox’s on my BMW’s and like them, but they do not work with my Shoei Neotec II’s ratchet. If you would, let me know if I’m missing anything. My helmet literally fell off as the rubber piece on the strap wasn’t secure enough to hold the helmet.

Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
2016 R1200GS
24 Posts
This is what you want:

Take a

1 - 20 of 20 Posts