R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear forum,

I am new here, so I'd like first to say hello to all the members of the forum. I am French, leaving in the US, and I own a 2008 R1200GS. This is my 7th BMW and my 4th GS. Enjoying it every day!

I would need your help for a technical question.
On my 2008 R1200GS, the charcoal filter (black plastic cylinder) is attached under the right side of the tank, attached in front of this cylinder there is the tank breather valve (part number 5 on the attached diagram).

Here is my question: I would like to change the position of this tank breather valve. Generally speaking, is it possible to put it ABOVE the charcoal filter or does it have to be positioned BELOW the filter? In other words, does gravity play a role in how this tank breather valve works?

Many thanks for your expert help.

LJ

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
you could always just throw it all in the bin as i think this filter is only on the Cali models and isnt used on any other bikes as the anti smog bits arnt needed. someone else might have to confirm this as im using my ZX6R knowledge.

Liam

·
Registered
164 Posts
I live in California and I have done what Duck1150 suggested on all the GS's I've owned that had that contraption.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts