R1200GS Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Just got a brand new e mail for those items and They are reduced in price even more.

P S. The sizes run a bit small. Might want to order anything one size larger.
Sweet just ordered 2 of each. Great price and thanx for the heads up on sizing. Now what am I going to do with my old underwear and ripped up t-shirts?? Oh, throw them away like a normal person would! Lol.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
While I have some helpful peeps in attendance, any recommendations on where to buy a new helmet? I have a 15 yr old Shoei so I know it is not safe anymore. I am OK with other brands as long as they are Snell approved. I was a special education teacher for many years and TBI students (tramatic Brain Injury) made me very sad. It is one of the few disabilities that can be prevented.

·
Super Moderator
584 Posts
If you go online make sure where you order does free returns. I've had great luck with DennisKirk. I'm not a brand snob but all my helmets are Snell approved. I have two HJC (street and motocross) and one LS2 (Adv).

·
Registered
33 Posts
Not knowing what is important to you, street/off-road, modular, full face/open face, etc., all I can say is that for the shape of my head, I like the Arai Signet-X for the street. Also, I like their craftsmanship and attention to safety technology (https://www.araiamericas.com/technology). A bit pricey compared to some. Although... it is my head after all and I decided to splurge at this point in my life, as I was doing 10k+ mile trips over 6-8 weeks in the summer for three years until my son was born a year ago. Like Krons, I am not a brand snob and I have owned Bell, Shoei, HJC and others over the years and they were solid, but for me this might be the best yet on the street. Will be looking into something for off road when I am able afford it and not cutting into the little man's fund;-).

For what it's worth, I did go into different shops and physically try different options over a week or two (mind you a couple years pre-COVID). As you probably know from your past experiences, it does make a difference to wear it for a bit and make sure if feels right and that there are no "hot spots" that develop after wearing for a while. For example, I tried on a Schuberth, but the unique chin strap and buckle just rocked my Adams Apple something fierce after just a few minutes.

After checking different ones out, I then ordered it from Revzilla.

My two cents. I imagine you can get a lot varying thoughts on this topic.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Not knowing what is important to you, street/off-road, modular, full face/open face, etc., all I can say is that for the shape of my head, I like the Arai Signet-X for the street. Also, I like their craftsmanship and attention to safety technology (https://www.araiamericas.com/technology). A bit pricey compared to some. Although... it is my head after all and I decided to splurge at this point in my life, as I was doing 10k+ mile trips over 6-8 weeks in the summer for three years until my son was born a year ago. Like Krons, I am not a brand snob and I have owned Bell, Shoei, HJC and others over the years and they were solid, but for me this might be the best yet on the street. Will be looking into something for off road when I am able afford it and not cutting into the little man's fund;-).

For what it's worth, I did go into different shops and physically try different options over a week or two (mind you a couple years pre-COVID). As you probably know from your past experiences, it does make a difference to wear it for a bit and make sure if feels right and that there are no "hot spots" that develop after wearing for a while. For example, I tried on a Schuberth, but the unique chin strap and buckle just rocked my Adams Apple something fierce after just a few minutes.

After checking different ones out, I then ordered it from Revzilla.

My two cents. I imagine you can get a lot varying thoughts on this topic.
Anything helps!! Thanks for the input. Maybe I should just stick with the Shoei full helmet because I am hoping their sizing doesn't differ year to year too much. And yes with COVID not sure how trying one on works but with online Free Returns is a good criteria to consider.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
If you go online make sure where you order does free returns. I've had great luck with DennisKirk. I'm not a brand snob but all my helmets are Snell approved. I have two HJC (street and motocross) and one LS2 (Adv).
Yea free returns - good thing to consider. Denniskirk is a good site. I ordered stuff from them before. Will look on their site. I am probably just going to get another Shoei full helmet because the one i have is comfortable and i am hoping the sizing is consistent.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Last thing, with many helmets you can switch out the pads for ones with different thickness and fine tune the fit, if it is overall the correct size.

·
'05 R 1200 Gs
642 Posts
Both stores Revzilla and Cycle Gear ( same owners ) have very liberal return policies, as in free no hassle.

·
Super Moderator
584 Posts
Both stores Revzilla and Cycle Gear ( same owners ) have very liberal return policies, as in free no hassle.
I bought pants from Revzilla and they told me they'd waive the normal $8 return shipping as it was my first order. This may have chnaged... DennisKirk is no charge to return helmets/clothing.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts