R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, after a quick run out the other day on my 2011 adv. Put bike away in garage and noticed on the driveway a bolt.. Looks like it may be from my bike but I cant place it. Had a good look around but cant see any missing. Haven't done any work to it recently. Bolt was on ground where the bike was warming up before I left on the ride. Its possible it came from somewhere else but slightly concerning. Any help to identify it would be appreciated!

Writing on bolt seems to be RIBE 10.9. Slightly concave head on it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Na, only got a Berlingo. Looked like bolt from the bike. Thought might be a recognizable one.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Post thread size and length in mm. A hardware store will have a metric thread sizer. I have a 2011 GSA, so I know that most of the fasteners are filister-head Torx machine screws M6 length 20 - 30 but there are a few cap head Torx like this. Looks to be too small to be from a wheel or a brake shoe.

If you want to drive yourself crazy, you can search through the BMW microfiche! I usually go to www.ascycles.com.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wow, just checked this thread again. Thank you for all the replies! Interesting about the Stihl. Yes I have chainsaw but seems to be complete. I also have MT500 bike which is possible since it seems to have been put together with pieces of washing machine. No bolts like that though. Checked all I can on the GS and cant see anything untoward. I think the best suggestion is the wife put it there. 'Slow down, you don't know where that bolt came from'

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Post thread size and length in mm. A hardware store will have a metric thread sizer. I have a 2011 GSA, so I know that most of the fasteners are filister-head Torx machine screws M6 length 20 - 30 but there are a few cap head Torx like this. Looks to be too small to be from a wheel or a brake shoe.

If you want to drive yourself crazy, you can search through the BMW microfiche! I usually go to www.ascycles.com.
Will get the measurements and post. Checked the wheels and most of what I can see. Nothing obvious.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I've had a lot of BMW bikes apart and I haven't seen one with this writing on the top. I think it may be from something else.
But just like others stated earlier, it would drive me crazy worrying until I found its home.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I've had a lot of BMW bikes apart and I haven't seen one with this writing on the top. I think it may be from something else.
But just like others stated earlier, it would drive me crazy worrying until I found its home.
Thank you. Yes I have other bike but no fasteners like that. Ive looked everywhere I can see but no luck. More just something in my head but it came from somewhere. Like a bad film!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts