R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just wonder where folks using the EzCan are actually placing the device in the R1250gsa ? I had one my 2017 R1200gs and seem to have room for the device but the R1250gsa doesn't seem to have the room needed....Video's I've seen have it located between the RDC controller and the Lean Angle sensor but that looks impossible . ( wasn't an issue with the 2017 )

·
Registered
112 Posts
On my 20 R1250GS, I attached the Cansmart brain to the plastic fender under the pillion seat. It’s held in place with heavy duty ”velcro”, the kind that holds an EZ Pass transmitter to a windshield. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
R1250GS 2021
119 Posts
I have it under the passenger seat. Not fixed, just laying there. No problems so far.

·
Survivor
782 Posts
I find it better to have it easy to get to for reprograming or updating the firmware.

·
Registered
R1250GS 2021
119 Posts
Yes, I already needed to connect it to computer twice. So for me the easiest way is to have it accessible.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I thought about that too, so I connected the usb port to it before re-installing everything and tucked it off to the side. I had a rubber usb cap from something else and threw that on it ,so I'm not concerned about it getting wet..

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Just wonder where folks using the EzCan are actually placing the device in the R1250gsa ? I had one my 2017 R1200gs and seem to have room for the device but the R1250gsa doesn't seem to have the room needed....Video's I've seen have it located between the RDC controller and the Lean Angle sensor but that looks impossible . ( wasn't an issue with the 2017 )
Watch this excellent video from A BIKE THING:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts