R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've already posted to the modifications forum, but figured I should also post an introduction post :wink2:

I'm new here and it's been 166 days since I bought a GSA :grin2: To be specific, a 2019 R1250GSA Exclusive in Kalamata Olive 0:)

In terms of mods: I've installed Touratech headlight cover, fog/driving light covers, stand base plate extension, 40mm handlebar risers and toolbox, as well as rad guards, Akro HP Exhaust, Panniers, NAV and 5000 kilometers on something called the ODO.

I've come from a Victory (V-Twin) and sports bike back ground before that. Loving the balance of this bike, it's only 30kg's lighter than the old Vic, but feels like my first 650 sports bike (sub 170kg's), amazingly engineered for weight distribution/balance. Though I still feel like I'm riding a behemoth of a bike when I jump behind the bars (EDIT: I should qualify that comment, my Vic was notoriously low tech, low impact from a cockpit standpoint. This thing is like a fighter jet in comparison).

I actually stumbled across this forum while searching for answers to a question about windshields... so there ya go

·
Registered
20 Posts
hi bigex

i had similar experience to you:nerd:
i bought a honda vfr1200..plan was to replace the RT Spyder,but i found the honda just too ponderous(still a great bike tho)
so i sold it then bought the 2013 R1200GS
felt much more agile and ticked lots of boxes
just needed some panniers
was then able to sell the Spyder

loving this bike:smile2:

russ

1 - 3 of 3 Posts