R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New GS rider here. 1250GSA Rallye.
I had a couple of Blackbirds then a K1600GT but I’m looking for a more flexible bike. We’ve got so much country to see here and so much is off the paved road.
First add ons will be soft bags and a headlight guard I think.
Anyway, Hi to all.
Harvs

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Welcome Harvs!
Plenty of options for soft bags out there. Search the forum for ideas.
Ride safe.

·
Super Moderator
967 Posts
Welcome. Hope you enjoy getting off pavement. Takes some time getting comfortable but my preference now is to ride off pavement as much as on.

·
Registered
13 Posts
G'day Harvs, I'm fairly new here myself and don't post very often. I noticed you want to fit soft bags to your GSA. I have Hepco & Becker bags on mine which use the C-Bow mounting system. Ive had the bags since I had my learner bike, a Versys 650L and I've been able to transfer the bags from that to my R1200R LC, my triumph Speedmaster 1200 and now to my 2020 R1250GS simply by buying the suitable brackets which aren't too expensive.

Anyhoo, welcome to the forum.

I'm on Sydney's upper North Shore, not sure where you reside but enjoy the bike.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I had a couple of Blackbirds then a K1600GT but I’m looking for a more flexible bike. We’ve got so much country to see here and so much is off the paved road.
Anyway, Hi to all.
Harvs
Welcome to the Forum Harvs! Happy New Year to you and hope to hear about your adventures!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Anyway, Hi to all.
Harvs
Harvs, hello and where abouts are you?
Im in Vic

·
Registered
4 Posts
Welcome. I've had CBR1000's and VFR's in the past. Now a 2017 R1200 GS Adventure. The BMW is such a pleasure to ride. We were in Sydney for New Years' some years ago and did a bit of traveling in the country, by car at the time. Wonderful country! I'm in South Carolina USA. Enjoy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts