R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking around and really struggling with this. Does anyone have any suggestions for highway pegs that would work on a 2007 GS Adventure? Seems like something always gets in the way.

·
Super Awesom Person
563 Posts
I've never seen a pair that wasn't in a bad spot. My buddy puts his legs on his crashbars. Just lays them on top. I stand up when I need a break.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I took the pair that came on my bike and took the bracket off and relocated them to just above the cylinders. They are out of the way if I lay the bike down, and I can flip them open and closed with my feet. They look like a V when open but are comfortable.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
402 Posts
I have Adventure Designs ones that came on my bike. Simple U-bolt attachment, fold out of the way. I don't care for the look or price but they work well.
Screenshot_20200709-195344_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20200709-195429_Gallery.jpg

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just a note about " Adventure Design highway pegs". The end caps have a tendency to work loose. They charge $25.00 per cap. I lost my second one not to long ago.
I give up so I plugged it with a cork.

·
Super Moderator
402 Posts
Just a note about " Adventure Design highway pegs". The end caps have a tendency to work loose. They charge $25.00 per cap. I lost my second one not to long ago.
I give up so I plugged it with a cork.
Too funny...I just emailed them yesterday as I lost one of the caps.

I went to a local farm supply store and found neither SAE or Metric fit (coarse or fine thread)...are these appear to be proprietary thread. I never put anything in them so l'll likely try to find a plastic cap to silicone in or simply leave open.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts