R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
I installed a pair from adventure designs they work but i am trying to come up with a way to mount them a little lower.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Maybe its my legs, but I have tried two types of "highway pegs" on my GS/GSA and they always left me wanting more extension.
Cant seem to get them far enough out in front.
I have conceded to putting my feet on the OEM crash bars when I need to.
Although I did recently purchase some BMW Adjustable foot pegs to alleviate the compressed knees.
I will post a pic when they are installed.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Couldn't you mount them to the bar toward the front? I wouldn't weld them on.
That's about as far forward as I can go and use them. I didn't mean weld them on. Just the part that can spin. Still use the clamp bolt. I guess the best way to say it is to weld the part the clamp bolt threads into to the half of the U bracket. But we'll see.... no final decisions have been made. As they sit right now, when I fold them up they rest against the crash bar.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I've been trying to do this too. It seems pegs can be more readily installed and work on the GSA model because of being able to use the upper crash bar. The only place that I can see and tried on my 1250GS is similar to what Patsrides did above and I'm not comfortable with the hardware being that close to the head.

Amy other photos/solutions would be appreciated!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Has anyone mounted highway pegs to their 1250 GS? It looks like they could be mount to the lower crash crash bars.
Yes I have. I made custom brackets tha I bolted the Adventure design highway-pegs On. I posted the prototype on ADVRider on my Nashfast account titled “My Prototype 1250 GSA Highway Peg Brackets.

Attachments

·
Registered
161 Posts
Yes I have. I made custom brackets tha I bolted the Adventure design highway-pegs On. I posted the prototype on ADVRider on my Nashfast account titled “My Prototype 1250 GSA Highway Peg Brackets.
Very nice, I've got HBers upper and lower and have not been satisfied with what's out there, for all the same reasons others have, even those using them.
Something you could make for me? Mines a 2012 r1200gs

thanks

·
Registered
55 Posts
So this still needs some work, it was a last minute installation I did before a trip last week. The crash bar bumpers (eBay) were repurposed to hold the repurposed highway pegs (amazon). I got lucky in that everything fit nicely together. Friction keeps the pegs from folding by themselves and I found myself simply resting my ankles on top of them. All things considered they worked great. I want to remove the part of the peg that points towards the heads but given that they are through bolted I'm not overly concerned at the moment.

3568B292-457C-4D6D-8DFB-5AC261CE502B.jpeg 5811F92A-5C61-4597-B0A9-F1CDBD7B757B.jpeg
3568B292-457C-4D6D-8DFB-5AC261CE502B.jpeg
5811F92A-5C61-4597-B0A9-F1CDBD7B757B.jpeg

·
Registered
2 Posts
Very nice, I've got HBers upper and lower and have not been satisfied with what's out there, for all the same reasons others have, even those using them.
Something you could make for me? Mines a 2012 r1200gs

thanks
I'll look into what configuration would work for your application.
Some pictures of your bars would help, where are you located?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts