R1200GS Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2014 R1200 GS Lowered Chassis
35 Posts
I realize this is a thread about Hippo Hands. But I just couldn't resist... Love my Gerbings electric gloves. I use them with the Gerbings jacket and controller. Two years ago I took off in snowy weather in Denver headed for Arkansas. I was glad to see partly cloudy weather when I got to Limon, CO but my hands were never cold. I can't imagine how anything short of heated gloves would have kept me warm!

David

·
Registered
843 Posts
I just ordered a set of the mid length Rogue model. That is what my riding buddies have and was thinking they'd be better when I need to stand on gravel...although below 40°F that gets pretty cold. Should I find the too short can always put on my DR.

Will be sure to post a review once I have a ride on them. Looking forward to warm hands and lighter gloves!
Good choice.
My thinking was, if its so darn cold that I need hand protection that I more then likely would not be off roading.
I did consider the Rogue model too.

·
Super Moderator
688 Posts
I realize this is a thread about Hippo Hands. But I just couldn't resist... Love my Gerbings electric gloves. I use them with the Gerbings jacket and controller. Two years ago I took off in snowy weather in Denver headed for Arkansas. I was glad to see partly cloudy weather when I got to Limon, CO but my hands were never cold. I can't imagine how anything short of heated gloves would have kept me warm!

David
I thought about that but really didn't want the hassle of plugging something else in, as I already do that with my vest and insoles. May go to that if I continue to ride in colder weather...may have to shop for a snowmobile helmet!

Good choice.
My thinking was, if its so darn cold that I need hand protection that I more then likely would not be off roading.
I did consider the Rogue model too.
Yea if gravel gets wet and re-freezes it can get dicey. I plan to be on pavement unless the weather keeps gravel free of ice.

·
Registered
47 Posts

David
I have Raynauds in my fingers and use Warm and Safe heated gloves.
Grip heaters on my 2014 1200 GSW "suck" BUT it is really the back of my hands that get cold from the wind chill when moving....even with heated gloves.
I pull my Aerostich Triple Digit gloves (XL) Aerostich Triple Digit Covers :: Aerostich Motorcycle Jackets, Suits, Clothing, & Gear
over my heated gloves when the temps drop and wind chill becomes a factor.
I can dial my heat back considerably when using the Triple Digits and my hands stay toasty.
Very compact and are the only solution (IMHO) to keep your gloves dry when riding in rain.
Andy

·
Super Moderator
688 Posts
Very happy with the HippoHands Rogue. Very easy to fit up on the GSA. Seemed like a DR650 day today so took all of 45 seconds to swap over. High 40s (°F) no grip heaters and was toasty warm. Could feel on arms where they cut off. With heated grips I think they'll be even better than heated gloves to keep wind off.
20201030_172137.jpg

21 - 25 of 25 Posts