R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some I think brake clear stains on the silver, is there some kind of cleaner that can be used to get rid of the stains.

What is the consensus of folks here that have worked for them??

Any advice would be helpful.

Javvy

·
Registered
906 Posts
Normally the paint is stained and/or etched so its a live with it sort of thing or strip and re-paint.

If the stain wipes away with some household cleaner it was only on the surface and had not eaten into the base finish.

Get it covered with mud, dirt and road tar and you'll never notice it.

·
Registered
85 Posts
After doing my valve check and cam timing, I must have failed to wipe a streak of oil below the plug for the TDC tool. The following day went riding forest roads and got the lower part of the bike covered with mud. After washing the bike the next day, the oil streak left a yellow stain. I tried to remove the streak with cleaner wax, and rubbing compound, with no success. The surface is permanently stained. I have never seen engine paint on a motorcycle stain like this. It is obviously deeper than a surface stain. Maybe it's not paint, but powder coated. All I know is it won't come off.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oh crap....does anyone know what color silver is this can where can we buy some touch-up paint...

javvy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts