R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had an '04 R 1150 GSA a number of years ago and loved that bike...whiney ABS pump and all! Got out of riding for a few years but got bit by the bug again. This time, tried a '13 DL650 Vstrom Adventure for a few years. Great "little" bike, ok off road but a tad bit limited on longer road trips for a good-sized lad like me. Did a 3200 mile AK/BC/AB trip last summer...nary a hiccup.

Well, long story short, traded the Wee in this week and brought home a one owner nicely maintained '15 R 1200 GS premium. Niceeeee ride...forgot how much fun a boxer is! Nicely farkled to include a set of Metal Mule panniers and a set of Clearwater Darlas on the front. Spent the week getting acquainted (ohhhhhh....techy stuff!) and "reacquainted" with BMW eccentricities. Now looking forward to big fun, long adventures and meeting a few inmates in this forum.

Cheers!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm over here near Portland. I hope to get over the mountains this summer. And yes, I've got a couple of Hondas and an R1200GS in the garage. I took them all for a short workout today, and the eccentricities of the BMW ring my chimes best. Maybe I'll see you on the old McKenzie Pass.

·
Reprobate
137 Posts
Nice riding out there! I got the Oregon bug during the Salem rally and decided if there was another rally out west I'd spend time in the West Cascades. This year the BMW rally is in Montana, which was close enough. Glenlivet and I will be leaving Vermont in mid-April to spend some time in the Ozarks, southern Utah, Yosemite/Sequoia NP and of course Oregon. If you see a bright yellow sidecar rig with a golden retriever sticking his goggled head around the windshield, be sure to flag us down and introduce yourself. We'll be spending ten days spread out over the southern coast and Crater Lake (if open) to Mt Hood before heading north to the San Juan Islands in Washington.

Pete and Glenlivet

·
Registered
3 Posts
Greeting M'cai I'm in Bend. Just picked up my bike last week and have been out a bit and look forward to some spring riding. Let me know if you'd like to connect and go for a ride.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Glenfiddich (and Glenlivet) you ought to be coming right through Bend on your way from Crater Lake to Mt. Hood, at least that would be the funnest route. Get in touch when you're in the area.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts