R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For years, I’ve seen the GSA on the road and admired the bike. Considering the expense of this machine, never thought I’d have one. Tried to buy a used one some years ago but the seller and I were merely hundreds of dollars apart from striking a deal. No dice, didn’t happen. So I’m back to the mindset of, one day maybe I’ll have a GSA.

Well, I’m here to tell the heard.........after waiting a long time, seemingly a lifetime,

I’ve arrived.

Will I be circumventing the globe with my bike? Nope

Will I be crushing the parking lot of coffeehouses from sea to shining sea? You bet!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We prefer pics in front of starbucks please!!
I promise you that once I get her home, I‘ll be posting a pic center stage right in front of Starbucks. Hell if they let me, I‘ll walk the bike inside for the photo opp.

Do you have any idea how incredibly impossible it is to sleep at night? The anticipation is killing me.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Ladies and gentlemen, say hello to my little friend.

I have to hire a shipping company to bring my baby home. She is a 2018 GSA. I’m guessing in 2 or 3 weeks, I’ll have her home. View attachment 29168
Heckkkk thats a lot of farkles on the bike already.......Headlight guard, Barkbusters, Aux lights, Aux lights bar, Front crash bobbin, rear crash bobbin, Caliper covers, Aftermarket lower bars and sump guard, exhaust protectors, heated seats with backrest, tank guards, luggage, cylinder head guards....exhaust I cant see....must be a damn akra too......

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Heckkkk thats a lot of farkles on the bike already.......Headlight guard, Barkbusters, Aux lights, Aux lights bar, Front crash bobbin, rear crash bobbin, Caliper covers, Aftermarket lower bars and sump guard, exhaust protectors, heated seats with backrest, tank guards, luggage, cylinder head guards....exhaust I cant see....must be a damn akra too......
The most important farkles have yet to be installed. A cup holder and a coffee stirring dispenser.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ahhh aftermarket mirrors, Rox risers, Pegs and the brake reservoir guard!! Phew......
I got super lucky to find this bike. I did not want a 1250. I’m not sold on the shiftcam in terms of reliability. I wanted a 1200 with the TFT display which limited the bikes that available to me. I was trying to find the lowest mileage 1200 that met my criteria. Care to guess the mileage?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
One more thing, it comes with Nav 6 gps, too. Did I mention how incredibly anxious I am? I‘m having heart palpitations just thinking about it all.

I‘m going to tell my wife to order one of those portable heart defibrillators. I think I might need it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thank you all for the warm welcome.

My bike is in Oklahoma and has to make a journey of about 2,000’ish miles to NJ.

I would love to fly out and ride it home however, my body is a little busted up. I need to find a reliable bike transporter to bring my baby home.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts