R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
His videos are great. Pretty gutsy to bash the mighty GS. "...the GS is flawless in every facet, so I must be missing something..."

I found it refreshing compared to the typical motorcycle magazine video reviews (of every bike) that resist bashing manufacturers...and resist hurting advertising revenue.

·
Riding a 2009 R1200gs
121 Posts
His videos about riding are good... but this guy now nothing about mechanics and should consider not talking about stuff he does not understand.

BMW had variable lift and timing since 2001 (Valvetronic) on their cars. Before that, they had the Dual Vanos which is similar to Honda's VTEC but on both intake and exhaust, they are not new to that kind of technologies.

He did not say a word about the separate timing for the two intake valves on the low RPM lobes (yes, the two intakes valves of one cylinder don't open at the same moment on the low RPM lobes).

IMHO a really bad review.

·
2019 R1250 GSA
120 Posts
I watched this video and this dude plainly just doesn't like the BMW 1250 GS/GSA for what ever reasons. I own a 1250 with the shift cam. It is a great motor, both on and off road.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I first liked him too. After watching most of his videos and weighing my own experiences.... the following:

With motorcycle experience since 1968. I have traveled over 300,000 miles on bikes. I have owned most brands of gear, most popular machines etc etc. Raced in the 1990's. Some of his stuff is good advise, other, the advise is no more valid than anyone else. Good thing we have so many choices. There is a bike for every butt, and gear for every body! 4nine, is mostly looking for views and scrips. He has figured a way to entertain and get likes. If he is accurate or not is not his concern.... IMHO!

·
Super Awesom Person
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I first liked him too. After watching most of his videos and weighing my own experiences.... the following:

With motorcycle experience since 1968. I have traveled over 300,000 miles on bikes. I have owned most brands of gear, most popular machines etc etc. Raced in the 1990's. Some of his stuff is good advise, other, the advise is no more valid than anyone else. Good thing we have so many choices. There is a bike for every butt, and gear for every body! 4nine, is mostly looking for views and scrips. He has figured a way to entertain and get likes. If he is accurate or not is not his concern.... IMHO!
You're right of course. However disagree on his concern. I think he genuinely wants to help and certainly intelligent enough but he just isn't old enough to have the experience and like most younger people doesn't know it. Nevertheless he is entertaining.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I'm a fan of YouTube people that can tell a story and have great cinematics.

Off topic, but here is one of my favorites of his...I mean who reviews a TW200...and makes it beautiful and entertaining?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts