R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is up everyone. I figured I'd join the forum since I jumped down the rabbit hole of looking at BMW's. I constantly am looking at bikes on Craigslist, cycle trader and FB market place. It drives my girl crazy lol.
I currently ride a 1290 Super Duke and a 500 exc. ( I like the orange kool aid)
I started considering getting something a little more versatile for trips and something that will carry me and my lady comfortably. Today I test rode a 2020 r1250gs and all I can say is WOW. I can see why these bikes are so highly praised. One decent little test ride and I was sold. The bike to me seems like a Swiss Army knife, it can do anything.
Right now, My plan is to get rid of the Super Duke and add a GSA to the stable. Im looking for a 2014+ r1200gs adventure, or id even consider a 1250 if I came across a good deal. In any case, I look forward to contributing and learning about a new bike, and maybe make some new riding buddies.
Cheers!

·
Super Moderator
967 Posts
Welcome.

I have the same addiction on bike shopping. Came across a 2018 350EXC recently to possibly replace my DR650 but I think the maintenance schedule and higher mileage durability finally scared me away. Love the DR and working to stay content with bikes I have!

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Welcome @Gingerohooligan !
Totally get the motorcycle addiction.
I have to control my urges to buy another weekly.
I have a 2017 GSA and love it. I think its the best bike to have. Like you said a Swiss Army knife. It does several things well.
Make sure to share a pic of your new bike when you get it. ;)

·
Registered
2016 R1200GS Triple Black
11 Posts
Welcome from another Sacramento native. Just bought a 2016 Triple Black GS myself and it was definitely worth the work to find the right one. Best of luck and if I come across another gem locally I will try to let you know.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome from another Sacramento native. Just bought a 2016 Triple Black GS myself and it was definitely worth the work to find the right one. Best of luck and if I come across another gem locally I will try to let you know.
That would be great! I am all over the place with listing alerts on craigslist, and I check cycle trader about 6 times a week, but that doesn't mean one could slip through my fingers. Id love to buy one locally, however the prices seem to be a bit better out of state. Might consider a fly and ride. A&S in Roseville is fantastic, and I'd love to give them my business. I gave Randy a list of what I'm looking for, he said he'll call me if anything shows up.
I know for sure I want:
2015+
Adventure model
less than 30k miles
Any color but red lol, I really like the olive drab green color on the 2015's, or a Triple black.

·
Registered
992 Posts
That would be great! I am all over the place with listing alerts on craigslist, and I check cycle trader about 6 times a week, but that doesn't mean one could slip through my fingers. Id love to buy one locally, however the prices seem to be a bit better out of state. Might consider a fly and ride. A&S in Roseville is fantastic, and I'd love to give them my business. I gave Randy a list of what I'm looking for, he said he'll call me if anything shows up.
I know for sure I want:
2015+
Adventure model
less than 30k miles
Any color but red lol, I really like the olive drab green color on the 2015's, or a Triple black.
That olive/Dark green is an amazing color.........

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The new Kalamata metallic color on the 2019/2020s is the cats ass too, however I'm trying to avoid a motorcycle payment lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts