R1200GS Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
I just did 3,941 miles from Pennsylvania to Labrador and back via Newfoundland. Only thing I'd have liked to have was more time off work to keep going.

Comfort mods:

ADV designs highway pegs (these are the bee's knee's)
Which ones did you get? I am need some kind of highway peg for my knees on the long rides.

Thanks!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Adv design Highway pegs

Which ones did you get? I am need some kind of highway peg for my knees on the long rides.

Thanks!
Seems like we have a few that really like the adv design highway pegs. If you marketers at ADV designs are listening I’m open to demo-ing your highway pegs and give my own objective review. ??

·
Registered
69 Posts
My trick to surviving long saddle days....When stopping for whatever, if you can.....stand. if not or if you have time a few light stretches and or walk around.
Get the blood flowing.

·
Registered
60 Posts
My 2 cents ..... a good set of highway pegs, a good seat and a back rest. I love my Best Rest back rest. Photo attached. For stamina and hydration I take a CamelBak. In the Camelbak I pour one small bottle of those 5 hour energy drinks (the little one that's always at the counter). Since the energy drink is diluted in the Camelbak it doesn't spike your energy it just gives me enough perk to stay alert and attentive. Of course .... frequent stops and healthy food.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have a Sargent seat. Very little discomfort on long rides. Stand up or stop and walk a little. Cruiser pegs to stretch out. Cruise control for resting right arm. Tank bag I sometimes lay forward on for different position. Large duffle bag on passenger seat and medium duffle bag with my sleeping bag in and position so I have low and mid back support. Works really well. Look at my garage pictures and get the idea?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Just finished a ride from Colorado to Portville ny, down to Tuckerton nj, to new hope pa, and back via Morgantown wv and Lincoln ne finally back to Colorado

Close to 4200 miles. Riding my GSA 2018... only luggage I needed was a tank bag, a dry bag and a rear top box...

I wish I had gone with my instincts and bought foot pegs and a better seat and a back rest for highway rides. I’ve heard of the footpegs with the secret compartment and seats made by Steve laam and the Russell day long seat as well as their back rests they sell.

Would like suggestions to solve the problem of rider fatigue. Accessories that are high priority for long distance 600-700 mile days in the saddle. I tried standing up, letting my legs hang and putting my feet on the crash bars.

Thanks in advance
All of these responding to rider comfort are key to a relaxing ride. I ride a 2016 GS sw Moto footpegs there wider and comfortable for your feet, heli bar risers moves bar up and back, weighted bar ends eliminate the bar buzz, rdl seat, touring windscreen, grip puppies. If you're comfortable you want more miles alot of great suggestions on this post enjoy.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts