R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2014 gs 1200 with about 30000 miles on it. The problem is that the digital display on the instrument cluster went blank a couple of days ago. The speedometer and rev. counter are working normally and all the warning and telltale lights are also working fine. The backlight of the display is also working but the display just don't show anything. The cruise control also stopped working at the same time. I was riding a quite bumpy dirt road when this happened. I already checked the battery cables and the instrument cluster connections and everything seems to be fine.

Anyone had similar problems or have any idea what the problem could be? I don't think it's just a display issue because this also affected the cruise control.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have a 2014 gs 1200 with about 30000 miles on it. The problem is that the digital display on the instrument cluster went blank a couple of days ago. The speedometer and rev. counter are working normally and all the warning and telltale lights are also working fine. The backlight of the display is also working but the display just don't show anything. The cruise control also stopped working at the same time. I was riding a quite bumpy dirt road when this happened. I already checked the battery cables and the instrument cluster connections and everything seems to be fine.

Anyone had similar problems or have any idea what the problem could be? I don't think it's just a display issue because this also affected the cruise control.

View attachment 30127
If juggling and re-plugging all external cables and connectors doesn’t help I would try to open the display unit to see if anything obvious is going on internally. A loose internal connector or wire or a bad solder joint at a mechanically stressed location? The LCD backlight still works from the looks of it so there is some power to the unit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts