R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I’ve been reading posted topics since I bought my 2013 1200gs. Great to get some good info and opinions.
Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi,
I’ve been reading posted topics since I bought my 2013 1200gs. Great to get some good info and opinions.
Thanks
Welcome welcome! I'm relatively new as well, on light of recently picking up my new used 2013 r1200gs Adventure!!! ??? They say 2013 is a good year. ?

·
Registered
9 Posts
TIP: SOFT RESET

Yo Joe. Check this out. I was just talking to Andy in service at BMW of sandy here in Utah, salt lake City area. He gave me.a great tip.today, mostly in regards to fuel economy. I haven't done it yet but rest assured I will. Seeing how we both have acquired used bikes this will be great to do. It is a SOFT RESET. Resets all the parameters so the computer can relearn and 'adapt' to our riding styles to get the max efficiency.
It's as follows per his wording;

1. Turn ignition to ON position
2. Wait a few seconds for check engine light/procedure to cycle off
3. Twist the throttle all the way till it stops and let go then twist it all the way back till it stops a second time and let go.
4. Start the bike ( I think that's what he said, although it might not matter at this point)

He mentioned doing this maybe once every 2 years. He said little bugs can develop and he's simply fixed certain issues with bikes in the parking lot by performing this 'highly technical' procedure ?

He thought it might help.remedy some of my poor mpg I'm experiencing. Always worth a shot!

Cheers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts