R1200GS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
2018 R1200GSA
69 Posts
I prefer the Klim as you have to stop when raining to put the liner in the BMW gear. With Klim, just zip up the zipper and you are good to go. Also Klim has better venting. I have the Badlands jacket and pants and very pleased with both. Big investment but I would do it again.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Klim makes a great product coupled with D30. Just make sure to select the right Klim jacket as the choices are numerous.

Ian

·
Registered
259 Posts
Would love to hear your thoughts in regards to jackets....Klim or BMW??

Pros and cons.

I went BMW as KLIM doesn't make Tall size motorcycle jackets, although they do for snowmobiling (I have the KLIM Klimate Jacket and Pant). If you don't need tall I'd recommend KLIM as their Gortex stuff is the best. My BMW Enduroguard outfit does get me wet, despite BMW's claims of Gortex Equivalent. I've washed my gear in NiWax and retreated it with NiWax, but I still get wet.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I like Klim’s fit, finish, and features. Have medium Latitude jack and pants, medium Induction jacket with Air Voyager pants. 6 ft,170 lbs, 34/32 pants. Everything fits well.
Only complaint is that the induction jacket does not come with a jacket-to-pants zipper. And I prefer much more subtle branding.

·
Administrator
1,147 Posts
I have a lot of miles, years, and dirt naps on my Klim Badlands gear and it's good as new. It flows air pretty well for those 95F desert crossings and with a heated mid-layer took me to Alaska in April (20something F). Mine is from 2015 and there have been improvements since and as someone already said, it's spendy but worth it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have both.

I started with BMW. The BMW Rallye jacket and pant are great in the summer however the internal rain liner sucks. I took them out then had to carry a rain suit. The Badlands jacket and pants have a waterproof outer layer. In wet weather Klim can't be beat.

The Ralley is more comfortable if working hard on your bike. Klim does have good vents and that help when moving but in slow speed, rough terrain Klim is not as comfortable.

If I'm going on a warm weather trip with little or no chance of rain I'm wearing BMW if any rain is predicted it is Klim.

If I had to chose one over the other it would be Klim because of the waterproofing.

·
Registered
5 Posts

Pros and cons.
I have had both as well. KLIM all the way. Waterproof Gore TEx Pro on the outside of the jacket. Lots of venting and you don’t have to stop and put the liners in on the BMW jacket that is always a pain in the ass.

KLIM is bulletproof and Bombproof.

Just MHU.

·
Registered
2 Posts

Pros and cons.
I transitioned from BMW and some other friends to Klim several years ago I don’t think I’ll ever go back. BMW generally offers very high-quality but the liner thing is a big deal. The first time you get caught in a cold rain without your liner and you have to stop on the side of the road to put it in, you know you made a mistake. With the Klim you just layer up underneath and you never have to worry about the rain. I have worn my Klim ‘latitude’ in different parts of the world and in temperatures ranging from 30° to 100 Fahrenheit and have been very satisfied with its performance.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Klim is an American fit, BMW is a slender German fit. I have both. The new BMW suit has an outer rain liner, but you still have to stop and put it on. Klim just works and fits me better. Rode 2000 miles in heavy rain and never got wet in Klim latitude pants and jacket. I can’t say that about anyone else include the guys wearing aerostitch.

·
Registered
64 Posts
A suggestion. If you buy a KLIM jacket with no removeable liner, make sure you buy large enough for a fleece or down under jacket for cold or winter days. I use my Traverse all winter long in Colorado with one of those thin down pleated jackets underneath.

·
Registered
2 Posts

Pros and cons.
Hi. I have the BMW Street Guard suit which is waterproof and great and the BMW Airflow suit that I use in the Sumer with a waterproof jacket and pants. If what you want is to have only one jacket and pants I will recomend the Klim latitude. The jacket that I have used a couple of times is 100% waterproof and confortable.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I have the Klim Apex jacket and Latitude pants. Both unlined Gore-Tex and they're excellent. I layer/heat underneath if really cold and they always keeps me perfectly dry all day in the rain. Downside is, even with vents open, it's too hot for warm weather and I have to go with Rev'it summer gear (and pack rain gear).

·
Registered
60 Posts
I bought a BMW EnduroGuard jacket. I returned it after a few weeks as the fit just wasn’t right. The shoulder padding and elbow padding wasn’t in the right spots for me and didn’t feel comfortable. Also it is European sizing and the zipper is on the opposite side as the Klim. Evidently our fellow riders in Europe are in much better shape as they are too tapered for me and my well earned figure! Good luck and the shopping is most of the fun!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought a BMW EnduroGuard jacket. I returned it after a few weeks as the fit just wasn’t right. The shoulder padding and elbow padding wasn’t in the right spots for me and didn’t feel comfortable. Also it is European sizing and the zipper is on the opposite side as the Klim. Evidently our fellow riders in Europe are in much better shape as they are too tapered for me and my well earned figure! Good luck and the shopping is most of the fun!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
My 44 short equal to size 27, BMW Streetguard suit fits right to me. I learned to buy only short sizes. In KLIM I use pants size 36x30. In BMW I use 38x30. You are right. Shopping is most of the fun

1 - 20 of 31 Posts