R1200GS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
BMW R1200GA, 2017 model
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, just had a little accident, came off the road on a left hander.
I wasn't going fast, may be 20-25mph if no less but the bike spinned around due to slippery surface. I am ok and luckily there was no on-coming traffic.
Now I need some scratched and some broken parts to be replaced. I already ordered some bits from China but some parts I have no idea how they called. Does any one have a PDF diagram for 2017 GS Model so I can check what I need therefore find it on internet?
I attached some photos too. Handguard shields are on order and black plastic wind deflectors which are positioned under the screen too but I still need some other parts and BMW emblem including. Any help? Thanks all!
Tire Bicycle Bicycle frame Bicycle wheel Bicycle handlebar
Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Helmet
Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Motorcycle
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive exhaust Hood
Motorcycle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle

·
Registered
2006 R1200GS, 2007 R1200GS. 2005 R1200GS, 2009 R1200GS, 2009 R1200GSA, 2005 R1200GS, 2006 R1200GS, 2
1,925 Posts
Glad you are okay. Walking away from an accident is always a good day! I have 1st hand expierence and a pinned together foot as reminder.

Max BMW has a great parts fishe. Mash the link pick the year/model and away you go.

If you find parts stateside and the seller doesn't want to do international shipping let me know. If its financially feasible the parts can be shipped to me and I can then ship to you.

·
Registered
BMW R1200GA, 2017 model
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so much @PerazziMx14 , I will check the link out. I also found out that my seat lock barrel got lost as well. :(
So I need to order it as well, may be it needs to be done via dealer so they can order the right stuff that will fit my key? I have no idea!

·
Registered
BMW R1200GA, 2017 model
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Does any one knows where I can find a Grey colour code for my bike?
BMW dealer said they only know code for a Racing Red (NA-5) and the other colour is Granite Grey but no code, a quick search provide quite a few different shades of Grey for BMW motorcycle.
Rectangle Font Magenta Electric blue Brand

Internet says the code should be under the seat but I didn't find it.
Any info would be helpful.
Thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
Your profile says you are in the UK so try Motorworks or motobins as they both sell used or pattern BMW parts. Personally I would always buy BMW parts new or used over pattern parts as I have had problems with seals and shaft boots. Also try James Sherlock as he has some good deals. Where in the UK are you?

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Thank you so much @PerazziMx14 , I will check the link out. I also found out that my seat lock barrel got lost as well. :(
So I need to order it as well, may be it needs to be done via dealer so they can order the right stuff that will fit my key? I have no idea!
vlad the barrel can be ordered and then it can be adjusted to your key. Its a DIY and many youtube videos of the same

·
Registered
BMW R1200GA, 2017 model
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Your profile says you are in the UK so try Motorworks or motobins as they both sell used or pattern BMW parts. Personally I would always buy BMW parts new or used over pattern parts as I have had problems with seals and shaft boots. Also try James Sherlock as he has some good deals. Where in the UK are you?
HI @waggy and thanks, I found online Motorworks and they are great, I bought some stuff of them and more will be ordered next year! :)
I don't think I have seen Motobins but I will check them out, will do the same with James Sherlock!
I am near Glasgow, Scotland.

·
Registered
BMW R1200GA, 2017 model
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
vlad the barrel can be ordered and then it can be adjusted to your key. Its a DIY and many youtube videos of the same
I watched couple youtube videos and was going to give it a try but was not sure if DIY would work on my bike as I have keyless start and topbox that and panniers, anyway, I took GS to BMW dealer in Glasgow and Service Department fitted a new lock (they called it repair kit) just under £30, funny to me, as their Parts Department quoted me a new one for £40! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.