R1200GS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2016 R1200GS
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I received a message on my TFT screen indicating that the battery life in my key FOB was at 50% and that would not create a functional problem. Good to know and I appreciate the warning. Never knew my bike ('2020 R1250 GS) had that capability. I also have a 2016 K1600 GTL and wonder if it has the same feature; doubtful. Just passing this along in hopes it may help someone else. Happy motorin'...

·
Premium Member
2017 R1200 GSA Triple Black
57 Posts
I got the same message in the corner of the multi-function display on my '17 GSA. Went ahead and changed the battery in the fob that day. Didn't see any reason to risk being stranded somewhere.

·
Survivor
864 Posts
Nothing wrong with changing the battery, but a dead fob battery will not strand you. Placing the fob or emergency black plastic key in the appropriate spot under the rear fender will allow the bike to start. Look for the round indentation in the underside of the fender; that is the spot to place the fob. The owner’s manual has a better description.

Reactions: dba

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Can't speak to earlier models, but my 2021 fob came with a 2016 type battery which gave me the warning about 4 months into ownership. I replaced it with a 2032 which is the same voltage but longer life. ymmv

1 - 4 of 4 Posts