R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to upgrade my riding gear. I am thinking about the Klim Latitude jacket and pants. Anyone have experience with this gear? Alternatives? The latitude has D30 CE level 1 armour. How important is it to get CE level 2?

·
Registered
333 Posts
Yup, I've got them both. They are worth the ticket. Well made and the fit is spot on. I took it a step further, removed the D30 back plate and bought the Klim Ai-1 Airbag Vest.

·
Registered
974 Posts
+2
Klim is top of the food chain as far as motorcycle gear IMO. I have the Carlsbad top and bottom and absolutely love them. The gear tends to be expensive, but Klim is one of those you get what you pay for items. Any questions about their gear call them. They all use it and know it first hand.

·
Registered
54 Posts
If you want, Klim is coming out with a new summer induction jacket and you can get some killer deals on the previous model. I got one for $230 shipping included. I’ll give my current one to my son. They are great jackets for the summer!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
660 Posts
Anyone interested in Klim Hardanger one piece, MotorcycleGear.com had them on sale about 35% off. Not sure the sale is still on. These were the 2020 and earlier style. The 2021 model is out now.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yup, I've got them both. They are worth the ticket. Well made and the fit is spot on. I took it a step further, removed the D30 back plate and bought the Klim Ai-1 Airbag Vest.

Thanks, that airbag vest looks really good.

·
'14 R1200 GS Adv "Freya"
167 Posts
I've put over 100,000 miles on my Klim Latitude gear.
The first set, which I outgrew, went to Inuvik and down the Baja and about 60,000 total miles over three years.
I never got wet even in some real gully washer thunderstorms. I took a few dirt naps with them on and they never suffered any damage. Sold them on ADV Rider marketplace for about half of retail.

Bought my current set of Latitude in 2019. They have about 40,000 miles on them including a trip to Prudhoe Bay.
Never been wet in this set either.

I find that the Latitude works very well when paired with a set of LDComfort base layer undergarments.
I've worn this combination in weather from the '20sF to the '110s F, below 55F I add a Gerbing heated Jacket to the mix.
Above 90F I will wet the sleeves of the LDComfort top and after closing all the jacket vents I regulate air flow and thus evaporative cooling by opening and closing the sleeve cuffs and the neck opening.
It kept me tolerably cool in Australia in December 2019 when the temperatures were above 110F. Cooling effect lasts about an hour and a half before you need to re-wet the sleeves. On that same trip, we rode in near freezing temperatures with rain and snow for several days down in Tasmania. The combination of the Latitude Jacket/Pants with a merino wool base layer and the Gerbing Heated Jacket worked fine.

If you are ready to buy, contact Alex at Black Hills Moto Black Hills Moto Alex takes good care of riders.
Call or Text at (605) 789-3433. Alex has taken great care of me, going to bat for me with Klim over a pair of gloves I didn't think performed as they should have.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I need to upgrade my riding gear. I am thinking about the Klim Latitude jacket and pants. Anyone have experience with this gear? Alternatives? The latitude has D30 CE level 1 armour. How important is it to get CE level 2?
More than worth the price. I wore my first Klim set (similar to Latitude) for 10 years with no problems, but finally bought a new set because I like to spend money :LOL: .

·
Registered
7 Posts
The REV’IT! Sand 3 is excellent and comparable to the Klim. I bought one 3 years ago for $500, but Revzilla has lowered the price to $399. I discovered this because I sold my Triumph Tiger 1200 XCA - with the Sand 3 jacket cold weather liner stored in one of the panniers. Oh well. So I bought another Sand 3. Use the one without the liner in summer and the new one in winter, which is nice.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Klim is great gear no doubt. I have worn both for ADV. motorcycling and backcountry snowmobiling in Colorado. My current jacket is the Olympia Moto x 2. The reason I went with it is 2 fold. 1) Cost, Klim has gotten ridiculous. 2) The Moto x 2 has better venting and better layering options plus a built in water bladder.
In an effort for full disclosure I do ride in the Klim Dakar pants over the Olympia Moto x 2 pants - once again, on sale and the venting is full thigh. Of course, no matter what you ride in, ALWAYS go ATGATT.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts