R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just noticed that there is a lean angle reading on the Nav VI on my 2018 GSA. Anyone else noticed that? It's pretty cool as it reads both sides of the angle!

·
Registered
109 Posts
It's one of the selectable parameters to have displayed or it's in the log file to review later?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Go into the white screen with black characters that displays speed, temps and other bike data and enter the side bar that allows to pick and choose the items to display and you will see "Lean Angle" in the there.
The NAV unit must be installed on the bike.
That sounds interesting and like something I need to check out. The bigger question is whether or not it logs it or if it's instant reading only - instant only sounds like an accident waiting to happen, but the log would be cool.

Until you put it on its side when offroad (hopefully not in the Starbucks parking lot). That one you might want to erase.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's not instant. It's a log and you can read it when it is detached from the bike. Go to the "my motorcycle" menu and you'll see it there. Would be great if you could see it real time like the s1000rr although I don't think I'll be having knee down on this bike anytime soon.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have 2017 R1200GS with ABS Pro and Nav 6 and can't find lean angle data. Could someone clarify if the nav needs to be connected to the bike or taken off?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have 2017 R1200GS with ABS Pro and Nav 6 and can't find lean angle data. Could someone clarify if the nav needs to be connected to the bike or taken off?
Same here, I have the late 2017 (pre-2018) model with ABS Pro and a Nav 6 but no lean angle data on the nav.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Not on my 2017

Its not on my 17 with ABS pro either....Oh well.:|

1 - 11 of 11 Posts