R1200GS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2017 R1200GS Standard
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am 65+ yo. 6’0” and 32” inseam. Recently sold my 1998 r1100GS Adventure ( boy I hated to see those Jesse bags and Sargeant seat go). Bought a used 2017 R1200GS Standard. I did not go GSA because I thought with my aging I should be w more of a flat foot. (Also I love the smaller tank). But I feel that my knees are essentially 90 degrees. Whereas my last bike my knees were definitely at obtuse angle and I could get up on my feet easier/quicker.
Question: does a R1200GS Adventure have a different seat-to-peg distance than a Standard GS? What about a 1250 GSA vs 1250 GS standard ?

Thanks to all for taking the time to give me your two pennies.

·
Registered
R1250GS 2021
421 Posts
I'm 55 yo but I have bad knees and needed greater angle for my knees. My GS is also standard and I purchased lower pegs. Can't remember the brand but there are few of them that make lower pegs. I also wanted to rise the seat to highest settings but that kept pushing me forward to the tank. So I have front part of the seat on high and rear part on low (I don't know if your bike has adjustible seat, mine is R1250GS 2021).
I doubt there was a difference in distance seat-pegs between ADV and Standard.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Leg angle is identical regardless of model.
You can adjust the seat height though... There are front and rear brackets under the seat which can be flipped between a high and low position. Maybe yours is on low.
Also you can get aftermarket footpegs which move them more towards the ground, opening your leg angle.

·
Premium Member
2017 R1200GS Standard
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm 55 yo but I have bad knees and needed greater angle for my knees. My GS is also standard and I purchased lower pegs. Can't remember the brand but there are few of them that make lower pegs. I also wanted to rise the seat to highest settings but that kept pushing me forward to the tank. So I have front part of the seat on high and rear part on low (I don't know if your bike has adjustible seat, mine is R1250GS 2021).
Thank you, sir.

"Old age ain't no place for sissies."

·
Registered
2008 R1200GS
25 Posts
So I have front part of the seat on high and rear part on low (I don't know if your bike has adjustible seat, mine is R1250GS 2021).
I also use this setup and find it comfortable. I am 6'3" and although the high high position feels more comfortable on my knees, it leaves me much more exposed to wind coming over the screen. My bike is a 2008, I think all 1200s have the different seat hight options

·
Registered
R1250GS 2021
421 Posts
I had to rework my screen options that made me go through various screens and spoilers. I'm 6'2.5". Settled finally with Wunderlich Marathon screen and MRA spoiler. Also made spacers bellow lower screen mounting screws to tilt the screen towards me a bit. Now I have perfect wind management but before achieving it I've spent a lot of money on screens.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts