R1200GS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2018 R1200GS, 2016 FLHTP
16 Posts
I've got a Russell Daylong set...
+1

+1 on the Russell Day Long as I have one on the GS. Easily the best of all of the other seats I've had on this model bike (I'm on my third since 2007). I have tried a similar Bill Mayer saddle, Corbin, & Sargent. The Sargent was the best of those three, but the Day Long eclipses that. I'm 6'1 with a 33" inseam which is helpful with the RDL as the front portion of the seat "wings" do intrude a bit when you put your feet down. But it is something you easily adapt to and does not interfere (helps actually) when standing on the pegs.

Pro-tip: If you ride in cooler climes, get the heated option - expensive but welcome when you need it.

· Registered
2018 R1200GS, 2016 FLHTP
16 Posts
FWIW, I've owned several GS' over the years & have tried many different seats in my quest for the perfect one. My riding is mostly road riding - paved & unpaved. Being older, gnarley single tracks (which occasionally occur on the latter) are not something I seek out anymore.

Customs were never quite right, Seat Concepts & Sargent's were the best off the shelf, but not all day comfortable for me, Corbins are works of art, but never seemed to 'break in' - you get the idea.

I went with a Russell Day Long for my '18 & have finally found the perfect seat for my butt and the riding I do. And I never thought I'd need it, but the heated option (Colorado) is worth the upgrade. Like the pperry comment above, it is a bit taller, but a windshield swap has solved any buffeting issues.

Naturally every butt is different, so YMMV...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts