R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any predictions on tire life in miles, under a 2014 GSW?

I ride a lot of highway slab, so they tend to square off. Does this reduce tire life?

Thanks, all.

·
grumpydog
9 Posts
tires

I can't speak to much about Anakee 3 i do have them on my GSA now i have around 3000 miles on them maybe 300 off road, The Anakee 3s i have no issues with , Now i can speak about Anakee 2 that is what came on my bike i put 12500 on those tires , i could have gotten more miles but the front tire was starting to wear funny so i changed both (they didn't square off) , so with 12500 on the Anakee 2s the Anakee 3s am told are better so i'll see .

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
I took my Anakee III off of my '13 GSW at 7644 miles. Both front and rear had some life left, don't know how much. They were replaced due to a planned trip. My lack of experience with Anakee III tire longevity at the end of its life led me to be perhaps more cautious than usual.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I got 9,400 miles on the rear, although I would have replaced it sooner if I could have found one.....waited a month and a half and just did it three days ago. It was pretty squared off and definitely getting a bit squirrely on uneven pavement and tar snakes. I'd guess around 8,000 would be reasonable.

I expect to get around 12,000 to 14,000 from the front. EDIT: I just replaced the front at 10,000 and it was amost to the wear bars, so 12,000 is obviously too optimistic.

I ride 98% pavement, but am pleased with the performance on gravel.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Anakee 3

:)I got 11,000 out of front and the rear looked like it would have gone another 1,500. I changed both out at same time to Heidys K60 scouts.

·
Registered
25 Posts
At 7900 miles my rear anakee 3 just barely passed my state inspection with a couple millimeters left in the center portion of the tire. I ride 95% normal road conditions.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I replaced the rear tire at 12000 miles due to a puncture. The front tire has still some life left at 17500 miles.
I ride 100% street with 90% highway.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just hit 6000 miles on my original A3s that came on my bike. Rear is showing signs of wear, maybe another 1500-2000 left and the front is looking pretty good! I do about 80% asphalt and 20% dirt. I'm sure I could get more mileage if I didn't air down to 25-30 each time I ride for an extended period of time or distance off road (more than just gravel roads) Probably going to change 'em both out for TKC 80s when I bring it in for it's service.

·
Registered
9 Posts

The Anakee III is a sticky tire and great for that reason. I wore a rear out at 3200 miles - high speed competitive rally. I wont buy another. The Michelin Pilot Road IV - now that is a different animal.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts