R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
They're goin out on a limb here. Could be a disaster for HD if they implode or gold like it was gold for BMW. Worth the watch for for sure.
Even if it's gold I'm not paying 30K for a bike with an 125 mile range. I also wouldn't pay a grand for an electric motorcycle. There are far too many nice used bikes that are appealing.

·
Super Moderator
705 Posts
Riders have been taking inappropriate bikes into the most fun places for as long as there have been motorcycles. I'm pretty curious to see how they handle the range problem. Pit stops with battery swaps? Only making it 125 mi a day is going to make that a very long trip. But maybe that's the point. What's the hurry and the movie might be as much about the cultures and experiences off the bikes as on?

If a company gave me a bike and gear to ride from Urshuala north I wouldn't turn it down regardless of the bike offered. The answer would be yes and I'd be there when they wanted me.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Marketing opportunities are what they are. There's no way HD will allow this to be a disaster for them. If that was a possibility they would not have gotten involved, and being involved, they'll throw whatever resources are needed to make it a "success". "Success" in quotes b/c this is a "teevee" show ... who knows what is happening off camera.

·
'05 R 1200 Gs
602 Posts
Marketing opportunities are what they are. There's no way HD will allow this to be a disaster for them. If that was a possibility they would not have gotten involved, and being involved, they'll throw whatever resources are needed to make it a "success". "Success" in quotes b/c this is a "teevee" show ... who knows what is happening off camera.
H D has and is still blundering along often due to bad marketing strategy. They have shown a tendency to create disasters from within. This may be no different.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts