R1200GS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm looking for an old windshield that will fit 2011 r1200gsa oilhead. My plan is to cut it down for summer riding (the one that came with is too tall for summer, and way to hot!). I will be cutting and painting, so scratches aren't a problem. If you have an old one that'll fit, please let me know! Thanks!

·
Registered
2008 R1200GS
32 Posts
Hi all, I'm looking for an old windshield that will fit 2011 r1200gsa oilhead. My plan is to cut it down for summer riding (the one that came with is too tall for summer, and way to hot!). I will be cutting and painting, so scratches aren't a problem. If you have an old one that'll fit, please let me know! Thanks!
Hey JTB823,

Did you find an old windshield yet?

I have a stock OEM one from my 2008 R1200GS...Not an Adventure though.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, haven't found one yet. I'm pretty sure the GS one will fit, but maybe needs two holes drilled for the extra support bar. Shipping might be high. How much are you looking to get for it, and where are you?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm so new to this, I guess it's a 'camhead'

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
No, haven't found one yet. I'm pretty sure the GS one will fit, but maybe needs two holes drilled for the extra support bar. Shipping might be high. How much are you looking to get for it, and where are you?
The GSA support bar can be removed to use a GS windscreen. The knobs and two lower screws are moved over to the new screen (if its GS). Any windscreens for a 2004 - 2012 R1200GS/GSA will fit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts