R1200GS Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
I've had 40 odd years of spannering bikes and fitted dozens of silencers. I have not come across for the money a better made silencer than offered by these people.

I have linked to a USA supply company, mine was supplied here in the UK. They are Chinese (sorry) .

·
Registered
636 Posts
Why bother? During last 30 years loud muffler helped me with lane filtering. I am being heart and cars move away. In the city streets pedestrians hear me and don't launch themselves from the curb stupidly as they usualy do. When I'm in blind spot of the car besides me, he may not see me but he can hear me. Well I could go on with this...
I dont give a shit about impressing someone, I just care about me. And I haven't started to ride and modify my bikes yesterday. It was 38 years ago.
Does your muffler outlet point forward? If not it will be more effective it it does.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I run it without silencer and is well heard.
However, no point in arguing, every one to its own. I do what I like and think and I don't care about what others think of me. As simple as that.

·
Riding a 2009 R1200gs
340 Posts
It is true that loud pipes can make you heard better... from behind... by thoses who already seen you... it does nothing to prevent a car ahead from cutting in front of yo.

It just create a false sense of security, annoy people and contributes to have motorcycle banned on some streets/part of town.

·
'05 R 1200 Gs
682 Posts
It is true that loud pipes can make you heard better... from behind... by thoses who already seen you... it does nothing to prevent a car ahead from cutting in front of yo.

It just create a false sense of security, annoy people and contributes to have motorcycle banned on some streets/part of town.
I call those "the look at me riders" . My bike came with a Reemus and it pops a bit, and there are times when I feel embarrassed by it.

·
Registered
636 Posts
I call those "the look at me riders" . My bike came with a Reemus and it pops a bit, and there are times when I feel embarrassed by it.
If you want a stock can let me know. You'll have to ride here to get it though. Perfect reason to go for a ride be it next door or across the country.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts