R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm trying to see if I can find a way to use this soft bags from GIVI (GRT709). Left side is not a problem but right side, using the OEM racks may be a problem with the shape it has for the exhaust.

Anyone knows if there is an adapter or any way to solve this issue without changing the entire pannier rack?

thanks for your help.

·
Registered
926 Posts
This link to a thread on this forum from last week may help.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Mine should be here today and mounted this weekend. I'll let you know how it works out.

·
Registered
926 Posts
@Ryno23 did you got the adapter installed?

How it works?
I have the plates built, they fit perfectly. I have been experimenting with attaching my Nelson Rigg bags. Plenty of holes for the straps to attach just have to get it tweaked. I will get some pictures soon. Sorry for the delay.

·
Registered
926 Posts
@Ryno23 did you got the adapter installed?

How it works?
Ok. Mounted the GL Soft luggage racks. Still working with alignment, but so far they look to be a winner.
Plenty of holes for adjustment and plenty of oblong holes to attach bags. The oblong holes on sides and top fit like they were made for my Nelson Rigg Soft bags. Once it warms up and I mount the bags I'll add more pictures.

Here is left side:

Here is the right side:

·
Registered
926 Posts
And here are the Nelson Rigg Sierra Dry Saddlebags attached to the GL luggage racks. Have to come up with a way to stuff all the excess strapping. Took off the stiffner that was on the back of the bags and it worked better IMO. Road test to come hopefully this weekend.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts