R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have Metzler Tourance Next on 2013 GS WC.
I am considering running these tires on the MABDR in a couple weeks.
Any opinions on this. I am sure there are. I would like to hear them.
Is this a bad idea?

·
Registered
300 Posts
No way I would do any BDR on any 90/10 or 80/20 tire. Too easy for those to ruin a trip...picking up a 600 pound bike is no fun.

Go with a 50/50...
  • Shinko 804/805
  • TKC80
  • Mitas E-07
  • Trailmax Mission
  • Etc
Trailmax Mission seems the very best for on road...if you are thrifty the Shinkos seems to get decent reviews.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was leaning toward Anakee Adventure or Dunlap Missions. I understand the argument. I am perhaps being foolish but there is so much tread left on the Nexts that I am reluctant to can them.
Good replies though.

·
Premium Member
1,259 Posts
I was thinking along those lines as well.
Scurry, I have experience with Michelin Anakee Adventures and Wilds. The Adventures are better for the task at hand but they won't do well in muddy conditions. I'll do the MABDR, again, this fall. The first time, I used MotoZ's Tractionator GPS tires and they did well. This time, I think I'll try an Anakee Adventure on the stern and a Wild on the front. If the long term weather forecast predicts much rain, I'll do Wilds front and rear.

Mike

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I had the Trailmax Missions installed yesterday. On the ride home they were as silent as the Tourannce Next at highway speeds. Happy to say no vibration at 80+.
MABDR next week.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Let us know how they perform on the trip.

My wallet couldn't open quite wide enough for Missions as they are so new so have a set of E07+ on the way. Hoping road noise is better than previous knobbies I have ran. By the time I'm due for my next set it'll likely be Missions.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts