R1200GS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
23 Posts
Went back to the shop that installed my Road 6. They still had my old Anakee's. I explained I wanted to test my front tire by installing back my old Anakee. As they were informed by me previously about the problem, they said they'll do it free of charge and then put back Road 6, free of charge too. So they did, balanced it and I went for a test ride. The result is, the bike was perfect again. No pulling left at all. Then I went to one highway to see about the rear swerving, and that one was gone too. So everything was back to perfect. Went back to the shop, they put Road 6 again, balanced it and I went to the same roads for the test. Bike was pulling left again and the rear was swerving on the highway.
So, I have my conclusions now. It's the front tire.
Experiencing pulling to the left as well, but not as severe as yours
Installed the 6's in place of a worn set of Anakees and noticed the bike drifts to the left
when letting go of the bars. The anakees I could ride with no hands until I run out of fuel
I don't feel it's a safety issue but sure is damn annoying since my bike used to go as straight as piss
with no rider inputs.... so yeah more work for me when I go hands free when on cruise during long empty highway runs
Should of learned my lesson from a pair of Road 4's on my old Connie- Had a shimmy at 80+ MPH that potentially could of developed into a slapper. If it's truly a bad batch of tires on both occasions then I guess the tire gods don't want me on Pilot Roads. I guess if I ever ghost ride the bike it won't go to far.
Should of stuck with my first choice Conti Trail 3

· Registered
23 Posts
My experiences with Michelin have been mostly good. Their tires usually balance well and the Roads stick to the pavement great. I stopped using them because my rears were getting punctured at an early age. Went through 2 young Road GTs in fairly rapid succession in what I thought were unjustified circumstances, then read some posts from others who noticed the same thing. A friend used TA3s on his GS with a lot of success, so I tried them. They're my new favorites.
Mine is the polar opposite- Road 4: wobble at high speed.... Road 6: annoyingly drifts to the left and also has terrible grip when cold (less than 2 miles, worse when OAT under 50 degrees F) but do grip very well when fully warmed.
The OEM Anakees had substantially better grip as soon as I left the garage every morning regardless of OAT, and also had good grip when fully warmed.
I would go back to Anakees but the rear squared at about 3K and past the wear bars at about 6K.. the front had some cupping that amplified that front end noise.
Sorry for the short relation Michelin but with 2 attempts with your expensive ass tires as replacements didn't work for me and I hear your customer support is lacklustre.
Trail 3's will be the target in the spring-

1 - 3 of 3 Posts