R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got 7,700 miles on my Mitas EO-7+'s. The rear is starting to slide in gravel and sand. I think the front could do another 1,000 miles, rear maybe 500? My 36K service is happening next Friday so I'll replace them then. Not bad mileage for a set of tires under $400.00.

Rear: 20200719_145913.jpg Front: 20200719_145934.jpg

·
Super Moderator
484 Posts
Did your front eventually quiet down? I'm at 1200 miles on mine and still a little noisy, not terrible with ear plugs but noticable.

I'm super happy with the E-07+ on pavement corners, gravel and with last Sat, dirt too. Only thing that would push me to Dunlop missions is less road noise...but they are pricey.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did your front eventually quiet down? I'm at 1200 miles on mine and still a little noisy, not terrible with ear plugs but noticable.

I'm super happy with the E-07+ on pavement corners, gravel and with last Sat, dirt too. Only thing that would push me to Dunlop missions is less road noise...but they are pricey.
Krons, yes the front is a bit noisy, but I too wear plugs and figure its part of the territory when you use an aggressive tire. I do like the EO-7 handling for an aggressive tire though. I like the tire in all conditions. I'm switching to the Bridgestone Adventurecross again. A lot noisier, but tbey do really well on all terrain, and a great price point. I'll see if they get the mileage the EO-7's do.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I got outstanding mileage on my E-07's, like 15k on the front (not sure.) Just ordered a new E-07 (not E-07+) because I heard that the "+" don't wear as well.

QUESTION #1: Have you heard this, or have any feedback on the comparison of the two?

QUESTION #2: My local BMW doesn't carry the Mitas brand, and won't install mine. Where are you getting your tires installed?

·
Registered
121 Posts
I've got 7,700 miles on my Mitas EO-7+'s. The rear is starting to slide in gravel and sand. I think the front could do another 1,000 miles, rear maybe 500? My 36K service is happening next Friday so I'll replace them then. Not bad mileage for a set of tires under $400.00.

Rear: View attachment 27607 Front: View attachment 27608
I have about 3500 miles on mine. First set of them. What is the tread depth on your tires if you don't mind.

Oh and I am just running OEM tire pressure settings on my 19 GSA.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I got outstanding mileage on my E-07's, like 15k on the front (not sure.) Just ordered a new E-07 (not E-07+) because I heard that the "+" don't wear as well.

QUESTION #1: Have you heard this, or have any feedback on the comparison of the two?

QUESTION #2: My local BMW doesn't carry the Mitas brand, and won't install mine. Where are you getting your tires installed?
I had mine put on at my local Cycle Gear store. 50 bucks per tire since I didn't buy it thru them or 25 if I do. They were out of stock so I had to buy them elsewhere.

My understanding of the difference is the + was supposed to be a bit better on wet tarmac and that is why I chose them over the plain 07. Not sure about longevity. Now when I talked with Bret Tkacs at the IMS last Jan he likes the the 07's best and he as a mototrek video out on them.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have about 3500 miles on mine. First set of them. What is the tread depth on your tires if you don't mind.

Oh and I am just running OEM tire pressure settings on my 19 GSA.
Patsride,

I ended up with 8,100 miles on both tires and the remaining tread depth was about 4-5mm depending on where you measured. I'll also add the my measuring device may not have been the most accurate. I think I could have gotten a couple hundred more miles.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had mine put on at my local Cycle Gear store. 50 bucks per tire since I didn't buy it thru them or 25 if I do. They were out of stock so I had to buy them elsewhere.

My understanding of the difference is the + was supposed to be a bit better on wet tarmac and that is why I chose them over the plain 07. Not sure about longevity. Now when I talked with Bret Tkacs at the IMS last Jan he likes the the 07's best and he as a mototrek video out on them.
I think the + tread kind of comes to center with a tail on it and forms a slight center strip for better road handling. Hope I did t confuse anyone.

·
Super Moderator
484 Posts

#1. I'm not sure if it is the same rubber composition but I'd assume lower mileage on the + as the gap is wider between lugs.
#2. My local Suzuki/Kawi/Triumph/Ural dealer does tires for $30 each if you bring in the wheels/tires off the bike, whether you buy there or not. Never checked the BMW dealer as further away. I would make some phone calls... BS they won't mount a tire they can't get.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts