R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've got a Dirtnapper. Only used it once. Works just like it's supposed to.

https://www.keithproducts.us/product/dirt-napper-adventure-bike-spill-recovery-jack
That product owner/maker is very slow on orders, months slow at the present time. I got tired of waiting for them to get more in stock and I wasn't giving him money without product delivery for months as others have experienced.

He's losing sales as people become more frustrated with the wait times. :(

·
Registered
368 Posts
Dirtnapper is aluminum @4#, Motojack steel at over 7#. I can't understand Dirtnapper being out of stock as the item is Dirtsimple to manufacture? I have had more than a couple of retailers around here blame out of stock on Dirtcommon items on too many people buying it?? `

Inflatable exercise ball. Now there's a clever idea!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dirtnapper is aluminum @4#, Motojack steel at over 7#. I can't understand Dirtnapper being out of stock as the item is Dirtsimple to manufacture? I have had more than a couple of retailers around here blame out of stock on Dirtcommon items on too many people buying it?? `

Inflatable exercise ball. Now there's a clever idea!
He's always out of stock because that item is not his business but a sideline, he's getting up there in years. He doesn't focus on that product, it's more a by-product, not how he's making his money.

·
Registered
368 Posts
He's always out of stock because that item is not his business but a sideline, he's getting up there in years. He doesn't focus on that product, it's more a by-product, not how he's making his money.
And I'm almost pregnant......>:)

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My Dirtnapper’s strap broke twice lifting my 600 lb GSA.
Have you written about these failures on either advrider or here previously?

I'd like to know more about your experiences. Perhaps I've made the right purchase and dirtnapper has done me a favor by not being able to supply me with theirs in a timely manner. :)

·
2019 R1250 GSA
144 Posts
Have you written about these failures on either advrider or here previously?

I'd like to know more about your experiences. Perhaps I've made the right purchase and dirtnapper has done me a favor by not being able to supply me with theirs in a timely manner. :)

This is the first time I have written about it publicly because I was waiting to see what the vendor was going to do about it. Before purchasing the dirt napper, I inquired about it's strength (ratings) and if it was able to lift my particular bike. I was assured it was capable. Fast forward... I dumped my bike several times on a solo ride. The first time it worked. The second time, the strap snapped but I was able to knot the strap together to get my bike upright. The third time the strap snapped in a different location leaving me stranded. The vendor was notified and asked for it's return so he could do an autopsy on it. He did offer to replace it but I would be hesitant to use it again and asked for a refund.

I haven't used it yet, but I purchased a Dustriders' Hoist. It weighs twice as much and is a lot beefier (heavier duty strap, etc..).

Reactions: brownie

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This is the first time I have written about it publicly because I was waiting to see what the vendor was going to do about it. Before purchasing the dirt napper, I inquired about it's strength (ratings) and if it was able to lift my particular bike. I was assured it was capable. Fast forward... I dumped my bike several times on a solo ride. The first time it worked. The second time, the strap snapped but I was able to knot the strap together to get my bike upright. The third time the strap snapped in a different location leaving me stranded. The vendor was notified and asked for it's return so he could do an autopsy on it. He did offer to replace it but I would be hesitant to use it again and asked for a refund.

I haven't used it yet, but I purchased a Dustriders' Hoist. It weighs twice as much and is a lot beefier (heavier duty strap, etc..).
I bought the right jack, thanks for sharing. :surprise:

·
Registered
368 Posts
The third time the strap snapped in a different location leaving me stranded. The vendor was notified and asked for it's return so he could do an autopsy on it. He did offer to replace it but I would be hesitant to use it again and asked for a refund.
That may be why he's not shipping currently. Kind of surprising given that strap material that is extremely strong and not so expensive is readily available? I was attracted to Dirtnapper because it's aluminum and is advertised as having a 4# weight. The Motojack appears to be a direct knock-off but steel, not aluminum @ 7#. In 20,000 miles I've had three low or no speed lay downs with almost instant help available. I've gotta tell you I'm not sure I'm capable alone, especially on tough terrain?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts