R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
923 Posts
So when are you planning to go to Tuk? That's bubbling up to near the top of my list for a 2021 ride from Annapolis MD.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So when are you planning to go to Tuk? That's bubbling up to near the top of my list for a 2021 ride from Annapolis MD.
Turning 70 in a few months so won't make it. I used to work on the north slope of Alaska and the McKenzie Delta in Canada so passed on that road when I made the Alaska ride. Pretty country up there!

·
Registered
347 Posts
Sarge, glad to see you are racking up the miles on a bike. Pity not to try and wear out one of these bikes.

·
Super Moderator
923 Posts
I bet you've got some great photos from those rides! Let's see them!? What bike(s) did you use for all those miles?

I just turned 62 this fall but I feel like I'm just getting started with epic adventure rides. We're starting to talk about how to do this ride up to Tuktoyaktuk this coming year assuming things open back op on the border. Here's my version of the map you posted:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I bet you've got some great photos from those rides! Let's see them!? What bike(s) did you use for all those miles?

I just turned 62 this fall but I feel like I'm just getting started with epic adventure rides. We're starting to talk about how to do this ride up to Tuktoyaktuk this coming year assuming things open back op on the border. Here's my version of the map you posted:

GrayBeard, your map is fantastic, your East Coast looks like my Rockies! I would like to contribute to your Alaska trip plan if you want to know what impressed me. I did try to wear out the 2009 (nicknamed the Trusty Beemer by my wife). 100,000 miles and still in perfect condition although changed final drive in Whitehorse Yukon then came home and put one of Beemershop's drive shafts in, just because. JVB productions, Jim is a friend so I do all my own maintenance. Bought the 2017 wethead for the warranty and cruise control but to my surprise, at 40,000 miles, it has been flawless so far except for recalls. Sarge

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hit too many buttons! Gotta work on my computer skills. Let's try another at the start of the Alaska Highway....

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Welcome Sarge223!
Lots of roads traveled on that map.
Congrats.

·
Super Moderator
923 Posts
Sarge, here's the report I wrote on our previous Alaska trip. I'd love to get your advice on our trip up through Inuvik to Tuk. The first question we're going to be wrestling with is to ride the entire thing from home or fly and ride. Motoquest prohibits taking their bikes up on the Dempster so we'd need to find another option if we choose the rental option.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts